My SSA manifold fits just fine:)

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
Projex240
Car: Dogs , My RIDE

Just to let everyone know--we test fitted the SSA manifold tonight. WIth my .63 t3 turbo and the SSA manifold I got from turbo calculator, it fits.

We lined it up, and set it up to check the fitment. Its gonna be plenty of room.

Sorry WD, i think the turbo you have isnt the best option for this manifold. Its a shame too--this manifold looks good and fits great. Its gonne be an awesome install when the turbos on the car.

Ill post pics later if i can.

Thanks,

Josh

midnightsliding

tell me how it holds up.thanks

boost infested
Car: cars, chicks, food, and .....

do you have abs? probably not right.

huguetpj
Car: 93 KAT Coupe

boost infested wrote:do you have abs? probably not right.

same question here

Structure240sx

if it is a direct replacement for the revhard then it will fit just fine with an on-center turbo even if you have abs, which i do. its the tangetial turbine housing that have problems fitting with the abs/auto mc

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Point is fella's the manifold may be nice, but those who sell it need to specify what turbo will fit on what models, not just the generic "fits all KA24DE motors". Sure the flange fits the head....but only certain turbo's will fit and your up s hits creek if you have ABS. Not to mention I'm unhappy with the quality of the manifold in general. If you have a nice digi cam, post up some pics of the inside and bottom of the collector. Also post the mounting flange ports. Its of very poor quality even compared with the JGS, Equal length or not.

ALL MY OPINION by the way.

chandler
Car: 91 civic hb & 96 S14

still what about the bottom mount

240driver39

chandler wrote:still what about the bottom mount

the bottom mount t25 mani? give me 2 weeks..my friend and i are installin the same setup on his 97 and my 91. I'll let u know how it goes if u want.

Checkered-Member
Car: 1998 Nissan Altima(modded), 2003 Audi A6 2.7T(stock)

been 4 days...any pics?

chandler

yeah id like to see some pics of the bottom mount on a KA with a turbo mocked up, that phatkat mani is sweet. what are the advantages of using a top mount ober a bottom if any?

Projex240

ok--sorry. ben out for a few days. No--i dont have ABS. The turbo will fit an on center turbine housing, but it needs to say this at the time of sale or on whatever page its shown on. It needs to be more precise on whoevers' webpage about what it will fit and how it fits.It will fit an on center turbine, but you HAVE to have a t4 turbine to get an on center one. Most people on here may know that already, but the folks who dont need to be told. You cant get a t3 turbine with a on center housing. Period.

Also, as for the quality of the manifold. It looks great. The welds arent clean like a machine did them, but didnt expect it to be all pretty. I could care less how it looks as long as it performs well. I dont think its of poor quality at all. It looks to be well designed, and STURDY. as for the longevity of the manifold---only time will tell.It has been port matched ( i checked w/ the gasket)and the wastegate opening on mine doesnt need to be ported. The earlier model ones had that problem, and kyle told them about it--they fixed it from what he said. The only thing i will say is that i will cut the flanges for protection of cracking. And thats about it.

Oh--and sorry about thepics. I moved into my inlaws for the next 2.5 months till my house is done being built. I dont have an internet connection there, so i cant load my pics onto a webpage yet. Ill post pics when the install is done. I should have klattr's camera handy when we install.

Thanks,

-Josh

BTW--the phat ka-t manifold is very nice, but VERY expensive. It works well, and form what i know, other than oil drainage, there isnt any benefit from using the top mount from a bottome mount....other than looks--heh.

doug200t

I just got the manifold also... i have a T3 .63 and have s14 with ABS. I am going to test fit and actually have pics at http://www.megapimp.com I took them with my cell and had the stock manifold on also it is inches but it will be close. Why flange it for a T3 if it wont work thats whats gonna piss me off and ill report this to paypals buyer protection on it. I thought project240sx had a .63 t3 on it. I just hope it clears the abs or maybe i can get 90 degree fittings for the abs on move the lines lower. anyone got ideas? switching to another mc unitwww.megapimp.com

boost infested
Car: cars, chicks, food, and .....

maybe s13 with abs have less room than s14 with abs. well, on center turbine helps as well...

doug200t

Point is we dont want to have to run a On center T4 housing.. IT STATED T3 and T4 so makes sense and its tapped for both doesnt make sense at all i still hvae yet to bust off the stocker manifold..

Projex240

exactly, and that is what i coveyed to the people I bought mine from.I DO have a t3 .63 turbine housing. I have an s14(more clearnce for the MC than an s13) and i do NOT hav ABS. I also did not want to run a t4 on center housing. If I had to, I would have switched turbos though. Turbos are easier to come by than equal length manifolds for a good price. I cant say muhc more about it since I dont have ti on the car and runnign yet. I do want to see how it holds up. I have good expectations for it. It loks sturdy and quality to me. I hope it turns out to be as durable as it looks.

-Josh

WDRacing

If you want to run a TO4 Turbine on the SSA manifold you'll need to completely port the turbo mounting flange as its only big enough for a T3. The flange will accomodate a TO4, but the back pressure and extra lag will be awful.

The welds are crap, the collector is awful, this manifold gets my seal of disapproval. Not because It doesn't fit on my car, but because its of poor quality.

The JGS is a much better option...bar none.

Projex240

Not trying to argue, but how are the welds crap? If it holds and the welds dont crack, then how is that crap? Are you referring to them as crap due to the way they look? I looked long and hard at the welds as the first thing I did. True, they arent the prettiest things ever, but they arent ugly, nor are they over done and excessive or too thin and shotty. The collector isnt big enough for a t04 turbine--youre right about that for sure. maybe that was a way to market it to a bigger customer base---it will FIT a t04 turbine, but not flow as much as another manifold with a t4 flange--but then again--I havent seen one of those(for a KA). The collector looks a little on the rough side, and I will be the first to say, i would have liked to see it a "bit" more cleaned up, (but in no way was i dissapointed by the quality). Ill do it (the cleaning) myself, and no harm there. But--even still-I wouldnt say it was "awful" by any means.BTW--I do see what you meant about a part of the collector protruding into the collector area. Its about 1-2 centimeters(more like 1:))big and wont take about 2 mins to clean up with a die grinder--heck I think even a dremel would take it off;)

BTW--the JGS manifold is only half the battle when purchased. Any idiot who *thinks* he knows what he is doing can turn it into a crappy manifold when welded crappily. So it may be a better option for some people--but not "bar none". I had a JGS manifold, and it was great, but only beacuse it can be welded properly--just as easily as it can be welded poorly.

It just seems we have different opinions. I cant speak for the longevity of the manifold yet(obviously) but i cant speak for its looks, overall appearance or quality, and visible durability. I give it a thumbs up for now, and will see how long I can hold my thumb up until something about it gives me reason to do otherwise;)

-Josh

WDRacing

The tig welds on the runners are good. Thats all...

The collector welds suck...dude, take it to a pro and see what he says about the weld quality. The bottom of the collector is a mess of stacked up tig sticks where they couldn't fit the tungsten in far enough. The inside is also, like I said above, done very poorly.

If you weld up a collector to sell to someone else, or fab anything to sell to someone else and you can't take the time to do it properly, or even simply clean up your mess, then you shouldn't sell it. Thats just my opinion.

The JGS is welded by pro's, simply tack the flange where you want it, send it back and have it done up by the pro's. It will last forever and look nice all at the same time.

I'm not arguing either Josh, I just have some experience with welding and quality assurance. Welding comes from me taking a few classes and reading a ton of books. I'm still no pro, but I can recognize quality and substandard. I've been trained in quality assurance for 11 years in the USAF. If I were to do work like that, I'd be fired...simple as that.

WD

chandler

damn, wooo saaaa wooo saaaaaa, cmon people, keep it peaceful. =) well I like the Phatkat mani, I just might go with that, either way, I just want one that isnt a pece of crap

skatanic28
Car: 96 240sx

im not very familiar with turbo mounting and was just wondering if the turbo they supply is centered like you guys are talking about. i would imagine it would fit seeing how they put it with the manifold....i hope.

heres a link to the kit with the mani and turbohttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...45742

thanks for the help...

Projex240

chandler wrote:damn, wooo saaaa wooo saaaaaa, cmon people, keep it peaceful. =) well I like the Phatkat mani, I just might go with that, either way, I just want one that isnt a pece of crap

the paht-ka-t mani is nice--but just too much money for me to spend on it.

WD--I just wanted to say I wasnt discrediting what you said--just saying that from what I can see--its looked ok--but like I said--maybe ill have reason to think otherwise later...

Something else to think about--maybe yours was done by someone different than who assembled mine? That could be the case.Oh well--as long as mine holds up--im a happy camper

Structure240sx

skatanic28 wrote:im not very familiar with turbo mounting and was just wondering if the turbo they supply is centered like you guys are talking about. i would imagine it would fit seeing how they put it with the manifold....i hope.

heres a link to the kit with the mani and turbohttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...45742

thanks for the help...

that turbo in the pic is not on-center, its tangential. an on-center turbine would have the inlet flange right int he middle of the housing inside of to the side.

Projex240

that turbo is a t3--it should fit--its also a .48 turbine i think. i hope hats the auction i am thinkin of

doug200t

fit with ABS? S14???? ill konw tomarrow and post more pics at my site http://www.megapimp.com ill bust off the stocker and tell you if a T3/t04e .63 ar

Spec-R

Hey all this kit is missing is an intercooler right? i mean if you get this and then an intercoller you can run the setup. i know u need injectors and maf and a whole list of little stuff, but will it run just like that?

Projex240

In theory, i guess it could run as is--just how long and how well are the questions.

-Josh

BomexS13

skatanic28 wrote:im not very familiar with turbo mounting and was just wondering if the turbo they supply is centered like you guys are talking about. i would imagine it would fit seeing how they put it with the manifold....i hope.

thanks for the help...

will this fit my s13?>:confused:

gawath

Any updates or pictures?

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”