MY SR SWAP----Everything ok???

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
89sxRCR
Car: destroying self esteem

Ok, before we start this is my first engine swap, so i have a lot of questions on some things... I have read like every guide on the install so i know the basics and most of the nitty gritty. I ordered my s13 silvia front clip from venus auto in sacramento ca, it will be here in a bout a month-ish. My car is a 89 240 fastback, auto. Im planning on using the entire SR transmission, clutch, shifter, man cylinder..etc etc in my swap to change my car to manual at the same time. (i know i have to switch the master and slave to the other side and all that) * Is it all right to use the jdm master/slave cylinder? Can i use the sr ac pump? Im not planning on power steering, it just saps power..:) I have the gauge problem fixed, i have a 92 cluster. Extending the heater piping i really dont know, i gues ill use the sr tubing and connect it to the ka's. Im using the radiator that comes with the front clip, stock ic and all piping (have to bore out some holes) And extending the ecu wires should be no problem. Im also using the sr's downpipe, it does come with it. iv read that i have to weld something closed on the turbo and the downpipe but i dont know if i really have to. also im using the driveshaft from the sr, should be ok? as you can see i have a few questions before i start the swap, basically i need someone whos done it before... THANKS!!!!!

mattback
Car: being a big f'ng ricer

all that stuff should work fine man.you may need to get custom lines made for the slave cylinder to run across the back of the firewall to mate up with the clutch master cylinder. just go ahead and bypass the clutch dampener, that thing sucks at life.

use your sr pump and bracket and all that for the compressor, you just need the sohc liines to have the sr tips welded on.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”