My S13 SR20DET Prep

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
95_sr20det_240sx
Car: 95 240sx with sr20set

OM3GA I saw your post and pictures. i have the same turbo cooling lines that you show there. I have a s14 sr20det and am trying to get the lines on. I have the oil line on just like the picture you have there. And I have the long coolant line connected from the top spot by the coolant inlet to the driverside of the turbo. now I am trying to connect the shorter coolant line from the side of the block (where you have yours pictured) and then to the passenger side of the turbo. this is the way circuit sports said that it was supposed to be done when I called them. I was just wondering if you have a picture of the rest of the coolant line and how you have it routed so i can finish mine or did you use the shorter one for the spot in the picture? thanks

HeadAblaze
Car: Now: 1971 Datsun 510 w/ ka24e
Sold: Red 1990 240sx hatch

Nice job, I've onl read 4 pages so far, but I'ma finish it up when I'm back at work.

KYZAAC
Car: 92 240sx SR

95_sr20det_240sx wrote:OM3GA I saw your post and pictures. i have the same turbo cooling lines that you show there. I have a s14 sr20det and am trying to get the lines on. I have the oil line on just like the picture you have there. And I have the long coolant line connected from the top spot by the coolant inlet to the driverside of the turbo. now I am trying to connect the shorter coolant line from the side of the block (where you have yours pictured) and then to the passenger side of the turbo. this is the way circuit sports said that it was supposed to be done when I called them. I was just wondering if you have a picture of the rest of the coolant line and how you have it routed so i can finish mine or did you use the shorter one for the spot in the picture? thanks
check out page 9, it has all the turbo lines installed with pics

PyR0NiAk
Car: S13 SR W/ T2 GT3071R .86AR, JWT S4 Cams, 810cc Injectors,Z32 MAF, JWT tuned ECU 87mm 9:1 Compression CP pistons, Manley Rods

The inlet and outlet for the coolant lines don't matter on the turbo. As long as coolant is hooked up to coolant, you're set. The oil line should only fit in one spot, so it really shouldn't be too complicated to do this.

95_sr20det_240sx

I got it all taken care of and done thanks for all the help

MES14AN
Car: "97" 240sx "88" Acura Legend

Dope thread especially for perfectionist like me, building a semi build also like this just wondering how the the paint is looking
like so far.
Any signs of wear yet like color change or flaking? I decided not to paint mine cuz i was skeptical how it would last in the long run even
with high temp paint. Pic updates! :dblthumb:

95_sr20det_240sx

MES14AN wrote:Dope thread especially for perfectionist like me, building a semi build also like this just wondering how the the paint is looking
like so far.
Any signs of wear yet like color change or flaking? I decided not to paint mine cuz i was skeptical how it would last in the long run even
with high temp paint. Pic updates! :dblthumb:
Ya that would be nice to know. I would like to pull my motor some day and paint it too

HeadAblaze
Car: Now: 1971 Datsun 510 w/ ka24e
Sold: Red 1990 240sx hatch

Definately do some pic updates!

MAXIMUS Nismo
Car: 95 240sx SE

I know I'll be bumping an old a** thread but I had a serious case of insomnia last night and spent the time reading this thing. It's a very interesting read especially with the pictures, part numbers, torque specs etc.
It's like a well laid out textbook.

I wonder if this could be cleaned up and condensed/updated with all the additional info that was posted then published?
Ok, back to reading. I'm still on page 9.

SSonic92
Car: 1995 Nissan Altima almost done..
1990 240sx-swap almost ready to go in:)

Great thread bro, im doing my swap as we speak also. With all the gaskets that you order you got them all in one or piece by piece? you might have said it in the beginning but i might have read over it..

Keep up the good work! :dblthumb:

positron1
Car: Project: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe SR
Daily: 2010 Honda Civic Coupe

Thanks bro! I know it's been awhile but any word on your thing?

SSonic92

Going great, just order some more parts today actually. Main things left to get are clutch, flywheel ring for my fidanza and my harness. So I'm hoping on middle of next month my motor will be in:) I tell you your build thread it's so awesome, go back every so often and look back through it. Bolt sizes, hose sizes and other stuff like gasket part numbers, Just great!
But wanted to ask one thing, how much length of hose did u get for like fuel lines and vaccum lines? 2 to 3ft or more?

positron1

SSonic92 wrote:Going great, just order some more parts today actually. Main things left to get are clutch, flywheel ring for my fidanza and my harness. So I'm hoping on middle of next month my motor will be in:) I tell you your build thread it's so awesome, go back every so often and look back through it. Bolt sizes, hose sizes and other stuff like gasket part numbers, Just great!
But wanted to ask one thing, how much length of hose did u get for like fuel lines and vaccum lines? 2 to 3ft or more?
Sounds good man and good luck. Post it up when you get it going. For the fuel and vacuum lines I bought like three feet of each just to have extra. I used the old lines that I removed off the engine when I broke it down to cut my new lines to match. If you need any specific sizes I'd be more than happy to measure out what the new hoses are exactly and post them up.

SSonic92

Ok then thanks! No I got the sizes for all of them from in here, just was trying to get a estimate of how much. Yea this has been like a 3 year project, so to be this close is got me very happy. Besides the stuff I just said I needed, I also got to clean the gas tank, had some gas in there for a long while, so rust has taken over, mostly think it's surface rust so gonna hit it with some rustevap and hope that works

positron1

Nice! You're really going to enjoy that thing especially since you put all that work and worry into it. The day you fire that thing up you're gonna be living off that win for weeks to come.

SSonic92

Heck yea, I so can't way.

SSonic92

Hey, down to the last few weeks before I drop my motor in, wanted to ask, do u notice much of a difference with that steering bushing you put in? If so I wanna grab one and put it in before I drop my baby in:)

idahotuner
Car: 2012 ram 2500 6.7 cummins, 93 Sileighty and 93 civic hatch, polaris ranger 2011

what size of line did you use from the t to your catch can -10 an?

idahotuner
Car: 2012 ram 2500 6.7 cummins, 93 Sileighty and 93 civic hatch, polaris ranger 2011

positron1 wrote:Well, after many attempts I got the DiF fan controller to control the fans the way it was meant to, thus stopping me from using the manual control switch to run both fans all the time and burning up the fan motors. Let me tell you what Nissan did with the wire colors on this setup. When I first fixed the grounds and got the fans to respond to the manual switch I was happy but I really wanted this fan controller to do what it was promised to do so over the past four or five weeks I've been trying to figure out what the problem was. I pulled the fan wiring six or seven times examining the connections and redoing the wiring and got no results, the fans never worked without the manual switch. Well it turns out the colors of the wiring on the coolant temp harness that I have are different from the colors on the one shown on FRSports install.This is how the wires are on the SR20DET harness on FRSports DiF fan install. They clearly show the three wires to be blue w/ orange, blue w/ black, and black. The harnesses must be from different year models or something because the colors on my coolant temp harness are as follows...Red, white and black. I naturally assumed that the red would be positive, the black negative and the white being the wire that goes to the temp gauge sender for the console....BOY WAS I WRONG!!!! I was at my wits end trying to figure this out so the other night as I was looking at some old pics of my harness I decided to pull the fan harness and remove some covering on the coolant temp plug and see which of these three wires went to it and it turned out to be the white and black wires going to the coolant temp sensor while the red wire branched off to the coolant temp gauge sender. So I pulled the tap that I had on the red wire which I thought was positive and put that on the white wire which seemed to be positive...nothing. I was at a loss, the next step to fix this problem was to buy a multimeter, something which I should have done a long time ago but I got a tip from a forum member on 240SXforums(beyondstock is his name) that the wires were reversed and it turned out to be true. FOR ANYONE THAT HAS THIS PROBLEM AND THE SAME COLOR HARNESS AS ME THE WIRES ARE AS FOLLOWS...RED-TO GAUGE SENSOR UNIT GOING TO THE CONSOLE IN THE CABINWHITE-NEGATIVE GOING TO THE COOLANT TEMP SENSORBLACK-POSITIVE GOING TO THE COOLANT TEMP SENSOR.

It's cold today but I just went outside, set both fans to 150 degrees, started the car, let it get warmed up and both fans came on under control of the DiF fan controller and when I turned the car off both fans ran for a short time like the instructions say...so problem, "long sigh" solved!!!!
i am going to go check mine to see if its the same. cause mine kick on right away and then run fora little bit after it turns off

SSonic92

Well to let you know positron, i will be hopefully be putting mine in and cranking it next saturday coming up, the 14th. So happy right now! Ordering my radiator and fans, my lower tranny harness and getting my fluids then its go time:) Just stopping by to let you know and i just reread yours again just cause i cant sleep. Asked a few questions over in my thread if u want to stop by. Thanks and Laterz

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”