My rescued 720

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
semi-fly
Car: 1982 Datsun 720 (back from the grave)

Hey guys,

Posted a thread that alluded to my newly acquired 1982 720. I got a chance to take some pics when i put it up on stands and took the wheels off for a proper inspection.

The full story:

I work at an auto fabrication/classic car restoration/race preparation/small junkyard and this was towed off some lady's property from down the street - she said that it ran when she parked it (still unclear why she did that), and that she wanted it offer her property - and we didn't have to pay a dime for it. I recently was gifted it after my VW GTI died... again. After a new starter and a battery it started right up.

I gave the exterior, undercarrage, and interior a good pressure-washing after stripping the floor mats - A because I like the exposed look and B because mice had been living in it for a few years. Still doesn't smell the best though... xD I'll probably end up rhinolining the floor and any other exposed metal in the interior. There's surface rust throughout the exterior, but no rot. I'm hoping to get the bed off next week and get at least the back section of the frame surface-rust free.

End game? I dunno - a weber carb and turbo package are immensely appealing, but being in California I have to pass that B/S smog test.

semi-fly
Car: 1982 Datsun 720 (back from the grave)

Been working on it a lot, despite the lack of pictures - new CV joint boot, chasing electrical problems, and some other minor things. all that's left is to get the gas gauge working and get it registered. Hope to have more pics up tomorrow

Return to “Datsun 720”