My R33 GTR

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
gsxtasee
Car: racing anything and everything

O.K. So I finally get the info that my car is on its way from customs to MotoRex and I rush over there with Daealus and his video camera and stuff to document it all... car shows up on a flat bed and the ear-toear grin subsides when I realize the rims, seats, intercooler, and headlights are different than the pic of the car I paid for... then the grin comes back because WHO CARES??? It's M-Y freaking GTR!!!! and It's HERE!!!!!

clean some crap out of the interior and and use a jumper pack to start it and the sweet note almost kills me as my smile tries to reach all the way around my head and completely decapitate me.

I drive the car forward and back about 10 feat each way just because I can dang-it.. it's MY CAR!!!!!! Woo-Hoo :-)

After Calling Hiro to complain a little about the missing stuff and to arrange an official ***-kicking session with him, I get him to let me have the car after an oil change and spark plugs... drive the car for a while, battery dies again. I'm trying to push a freaking 3500+lb car reasonably unsuccessfully when a little J-dude comes to help me.. he's my age and maybe weighs 120lbs.... but his extra effort helps get the car out of the road though, so I thank him and we chat about the car a bit. He's off and I wait for Mrex to send the support crew.

got the bugs worked out and have put in a little more seat time before returning it to Mrex for Modifications.

The car has a REALLY NICE powerband though I can't get on it much since it is still tuned for 100 octane fuel available as "hi-ocu-manten" in the land of the rising sun... so I do what any reasonable man would do and I bought a bunch of race gas... you know.. for the safety of the car :-)

car PULLS hard as I watch the front torque meter reach for the 50% mark and then subside after a nice 1-2 shift of the left hand. Car has a healthy roar; attention-getting though not obnoxious. get close to making another left-handed stab at the gear-box and realize to hit 3rd gear at this RPM level means I'm nearing the point where I attract more negative attention than I care to in this car, at this time... so I think better of it and back off the throttle to the sweet sound of twin BOV's and the RPMs dropping with the speed of the car until I am in a more reasonable speed range, kick it to 3rd and cruise with the chortle of twin Nisom N1 turbines to help me contiue to smile like I've got some hot Import Model chick in the passenger seat giving me head...

Car handles well, It will step out a bit but just enough to have fun and if I give it the right amount of steering and throttle input I can keep it there for a bit but by the time I reach for 2nd, it's ready to go straight. I cruise down PCH toward my apartment and see a nice BRIGHT YELLOW Murcielago heading the opposite way. I throw the Asian driver a rev and HE gives MEE a big smile and thumbs up..... How cool is THAT?? I smile, and cordially give him the acknowledging look I give people when my Galant VR4 smokes their uber-expensive euro car... and I go home and finish what the hot IMPORT Model chick and I started.... O.K. that last part about me and the import chick is kinda true.. I do date an asian chick, no model, but could be..... but the part about the Lambo is really true, it was a pretty cool moment :-)

How's that for an official "first review" want more? ask questions so I don't just babble about how great my car is... you all can know how great it is too, just keep working hard and OWN NOTHING and spend every penny you earn on your car... then you too can share my "success"

CrazyJason

Onizuka
Car: 91 coupe w/s13 SR20DET 89 hatch w/s14 SR20DE

Awsome dude, mucho thanks for the review. Closest I have ever come to feeling what its like to drive a GTR :D

Cant wait for Daealus to post some pics and vids!!!

Onizuka

Oh yeah, how was the overall quality of the car after reciving it from motorex? Did they clean it up pretty nice?

Also, what modifications did it come with? I hear motorex leaves all the goodies in the skylines.

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

I'd like to see some pics :)

DAEDALUS
Car: 1990 Q45

Sorry guys for taking so long. Tax time is killing me. These are all the photos I have right now. Videos have been taken, and will be taken, but those won't be posted for a while. Sorry, I will be out of town starting 4/15 and I won't be back till May.

About 1/2 the pics were taken at Motorex. The 2nd half were taken after a wash and wax.

Oh, the shady looking character in the pics is gsxtasee. :D <--- That's him, with a grin about to sever his own head.

DAEDALUS

DAEDALUS

Onizuka

DROOL!

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Nice man....I really love that color.

BB Turbo
Car: 2007 Nissan Titan KC, 1992 Nissan 240sx Coupe

Damn thats hot.

Blackie9900

damn thats nice..... how much did motorex charge you for the legalization?

gsxtasee

I made a special deal with Hiro because when I bought my car, I knew a guy who worked there and several customers who had purchased Skylines.... I made an inclusive deal for the car, mods, HKS F-Con V-Pro installed and tuned by BLAST Racing, and all the goodies that are *supposed* to be on the car. I paid cash up front and waited for my car. most people pay a deposit and then when the car hits US shores, they pay a little more and the remainder is due on delivery.... so I got a better deal because I had the nightmare every night that Mrex would go out of business before I got my car and I'd be out all my money...

gsxtasee

Ohh.. and thanks for all the compliments. It would be my pleasure to let you guys get a peak if you were to arrange a little NICO meet/ canyon run/ whatever somewhere near me in the LA/OC area of SoCal.

Blackie9900

kool... but do you know about how much it would cost to legalize one ... say if i whnated to get one legalized? thanks

Onizuka

I belive motorex's site says $16-25,000 per skyline to legalize.

I wish I was in SoCal just so I could see this car :oy:

Blackie9900

alright thanks

gsxtasee

it is listed on their website as: 15-25k depending on year and other little things. basically, if it is a R32, you can get away with the $15-20K price, anything else, you pay $25k.. bearing in mind this is for the legalization only... not importation, shipping, customs storage, customs broker, customs bond, and stuff like that...

I've already had 3 people leave notes on it offering to buy it... I'd sell it for $80k, but less than that and It's not worth it for me to go through the pain again... For that much profit, I'd sell it and wait another year for another one.. and only have HALF the car payment I have now.... I would have to be compensated for the pain and agony of the process... it really stressed me out a lot.

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

gsxtasee wrote:Ohh.. and thanks for all the compliments. It would be my pleasure to let you guys get a peak if you were to arrange a little NICO meet/ canyon run/ whatever somewhere near me in the LA/OC area of SoCal.

Jason, I'll be in CA next month for the weekend of May 21-23 for the national SE-R convention. It is based in Los Angeles this year. It would be sweet if we could hook up. You should come out to either the track (Willow Springs) or the hotel (Embassy Suites in Arcadia, CA) sometime over the weekend. It will be nearly all sentras, but it will be worth it....there will be some SICK sentras there.

Anyway, check out the schedule at http://www.serca.org under "2004 National Convention" and let me know if you can make it out. I'll give you my cell number if you wanna meet up.

gsxtasee

I think I could probably make it but everything pretty much revolves around my work schedule since I'm on call for now.... things might be better by then...

DAEDALUS

I see how it is. Don't bother hooking up with Daedalus. But the guy with the GTR, OF COURSE! :D

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

HAHA....well, I'd be glad to hook up with you as well :) Can you make it out to one of the SE-R events/hotel during the weekend? You can get my cell number from the phonelist in the moderator forum :)

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

HAHAHAHA Sweet.

Puchi

<Whimper> I want skyline!

Onizuka

Please to report if you ever take it to a track, I wanna hear how it does in strait up compitition.

blacks13ek

Will you marry me? If you do i'll be sure to pick up the groceries :)

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

that thing is mean. I want it :)

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

:drooling

Congratulations. That is an amazing car and I love the color. Oh what I wouldn't do for an R33 GTR.

Puchi

:hitit

jdmfreak

Im sooooo jealous!!!

catty
Car: '92 240sx

Congrats man sounds like youre having a lot of fun with the car

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”