My R32

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Cjmartz2k
Car: Hunting for a '89 GTR now

s14_sport wrote:ok so you say this is an RB25 block with RB25 head with RB26 intake and RB26 valve covers...

But, maybe my eyes decieve me....did you file down part of the RB26 raised emblem on the cam cover to make it say RB25, then paint over it?!?!?!

NICE!!!!
Yup.

Thanks again for all the compliments guys!

Last night Gtec said 11.8 @ 124mph with full weight plus a passenger and cold 20psi drag radials. My best mph was 126. I want to go practice more and crack 11.5's This drift/togue type suspension sucks for drag racing, but it's nice to air up and go driving twisites after running door to door with the guys on drag suspension, full slicks
Modified by Cjmartz2k at 7:10 PM 4/4/2009

Cjmartz2k

Some of the local amateur photo guys from the local car website decided to have a photo shoot for people to show off their cars and for them to get a little practice. Thought some of the shots were pretty neat so I threw a few of them on top of the others. No, I don't have a clear hood BTW Thanks Infidel, Licenseless, and Stetsonaw for the great pics!

meet07
Car: 89 180sx rb25det

CJ you aut to market that valve cover.

Kansei240sx
Car: S13 - RB25 Circuit car
71 240z - street/track day car
AE86 - Daily Drizzle/track day car
Z31t - Paper weight/street car

Cjmartz2k wrote:
Yup.

Thanks again for all the compliments guys!

Last night Gtec said 11.8 @ 124mph with full weight plus a passenger and cold 20psi drag radials. My best mph was 126. I want to go practice more and crack 11.5's This drift/togue type suspension sucks for drag racing, but it's nice to air up and go driving twisites after running door to door with the guys on drag suspension, full slicks

Modified by Cjmartz2k at 7:10 PM 4/4/2009
This car keeps me from selling my RB25 for a 26. I've got an HX35 on mine that isnt running yet, too many other projects.

The GTEC is probably the biggest liar ever. The app for the I-PHONE is more accurate, and that isnt sarcasm.

Cjmartz2k

Hmm, all of the tests I've ever seen say pretty much all of gyro based units out their are pretty accurate (like down to a 1/10th of a sec and 1 mph). I use it more as a gage to improve my driving and see if new parts/tuning make a real difference or not, not so much to get hard times. I only have other Gtec times to compare it too, so I can at least see the difference. Kind of like using the same high reading dyno to judge hp changes. I know for a fact my times would be faster on a track in the states compared to out here though. My average good 60' is a 2.1 or 2.2 on these crap roads, and I spin all the way through 2nd and sometimes 3rd on drag radials. I have no doubt I could go to any track in the states and have no trouble ripping off high/mid 11's with this setup.

As for the valve cover, thanks for the complement, but I think once people see it, they figure it out pretty quickly and will just wind up making it themselves. If anybody wants though, gimme some time and $500 and I'll get you a set

Kalypso

I never said thank you for the emial, appreciate it

Cjmartz2k

Just a bit of an update. I took the engine/tranny/seats out of the car and swapped a stock RB25 motor, RB20 tranny, super single clutch, and stock seats back into it and sold it for $3700. Pretty much everything else stayed on the car. I'm heading back state side beginning of Oct. (NC an OH) and most of the drivetrain is sitting in several big gorilla boxes right now. I'm going to try and sneak it back with my household goods shipment with courtesy of the USAF Fingers crossed the FAA will be giving me a call any day and telling me they want me to come push jets for them, so hopefully I'll be in a good place financially about a year from now to put this RB into a 260/280z or an S13/14.

prtrillaboss

I like the photo with the car next to the water

ralphsdiorama
Car: 1991 240sx, 1998 240sx (RB project)

Ugh your ex-gtst makes me very jealous. Seeing what you did with the gtst I am excited to see what you do with your project in the states. G/L

Darius
Car: RB25DET S14 - 665 WHP (SOLD)

I just noticed this now, but what are you using for your MAF sensor? And how did you figure out what to adjust the values to in the EMS to compensate for the change?

gawdzilla
Car: none

Darius wrote:I just noticed this now, but what are you using for your MAF sensor? And how did you figure out what to adjust the values to in the EMS to compensate for the change?
says he's running a 26 d-jetro, but i don't see his map sensors. they might be down by the runners

good luck with the transition back to the states

Cjmartz2k

I used to run a Z32 MAF hacked and put into the 100mm intake piping, but it didn't work very well at part throttle driving. Ro many rich/lean spots in the map that just couldn't be fixed. WOT was fine though. I took it out and re-pinned the harness for the D-jetro right before I took the car apart. I just used the sensor from the PFC boost control kit (same part #) and jumped the signal from that into where the signal from the MAP sensors would go. No need at all for running both sensors. The only reason Apexi uses 2 is because the GTR had 2 MAF's and it's easier to wire that way.

Thanks for the wishes BTW guys. I look forward to eventually meeting some of you stateside and BS'ing about RB's.

stevespeed
Car: RB-Swapped S13, FTW

Man, I am going to miss you being in Japan man, SO many times you bailed me out, I still owe you that beer man

colorbynumbers
Car: 32GTR with a baby holset HX52

herro miser maks rong time noo seee

hey its nelson if you dont remember how are things in the nc?

if my extension doesnt go through then im headed back to nc-jacksonville FTL

Kalypso

this car rulez harder then most

Cjmartz2k

colorbynumbers wrote:herro miser maks rong time noo seee

hey its nelson if you dont remember how are things in the nc?

if my extension doesnt go through then im headed back to nc-jacksonville FTL
Nerson-san, didn't I just talk to you on IS yesterday? LOL That sucks you have to come back, but now we can continue running amuck over here. Two people is the min to start "IS, the NC saga" me thinks :-)
Kalypso wrote:this car rulez harder then most

Thanks man. Unfortunatly, the car has been sold with a stock RB25 in it and the dude who bought it has dinged up two of the corners already. I'll be back with something better as soon as I get an ATC job though

Chaos the Xile
Car: 1974 Datsun 260Z

god i wish the u.s wasn't such prudes about importing a skyline, not you'll have to settle for a s chassis :D

colorbynumbers
Car: 32GTR with a baby holset HX52

Chaos the Xile wrote:god i wish the u.s wasn't such prudes about importing a skyline, not you'll have to settle for a s chassis :D
not this mofo were taking it back (like porch monkey lol) in pieces and putting it back together when i get there.

if my extension doesnt go through

Kalypso

Cjmartz2k wrote:
Thanks man. Unfortunatly, the car has been sold with a stock RB25 in it and the dude who bought it has dinged up two of the corners already. I'll be back with something better as soon as I get an ATC job though
dont worry me too, i sold me sr20 coupe loaded with authentic jdm parts and refinements.

but i traded it for a stocker hatch, plus cash and my work is starting to pick up, so I'll be back with a vengeance also. we'll both be ruling hard sooner then most.

metalmulishiaS13
Car: '89 Nissan 240sx with a RB25det and hopes and dreams

So what is the general consensus on running a blow through setup on 25s? I am thinking about it.

flatrate
Car: S14 kouki

meet07 wrote:CJ you aut to market that valve cover.
whats so special about the valve cover? sorry for my newbness

Cjmartz2k

metalmulishiaS13 wrote:So what is the general consensus on running a blow through setup on 25s? I am thinking about it.
Not sure--I've never run it. The Ford guys seem to do it a lot. Google it up, but it looks pretty straight forward from what I've seen. Are you under the impression I ran blow through? If you are, I didn't.

Flatrate---The timing cover says RB25 not RB26.

flatrate
Car: S14 kouki

ahh i get it

Id love to get a hold of some RB26 covers seem hard to find..

Love the car BTW

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”