My Q is pissing me off!!

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
guadofreak
Car: 1994 Q45t

Now it has gotten on a trip of loosing all power(in the motor) for seconds at a time. Then it sputters along for another few then it wil magically grant me my power again only to stutter again. Sometimes it takes 3 tries to start it up.

When I lose power the check engine light does come on. When I Gain power it shuts off. What really pisses me off is it's so weird. Sometimes it will run perfectly for the whole day. I have noticed that i usually have more problems after I gun it at WOT. Who knows.

I am getting so frustrated. So of all of you, would you consider this a CAS problem of a MAF problem. When I pulled codes yesterday it said knock sensors and MAF. nothing about a CAS. Even though the check engine light does not stay lit it keeps those codes right?!

Also all connections have been checked cleaned and tightened up to be sure that is not an issue. Plugs still have 20K miles left on them before change.

1994 Q45t

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

If it threw a MAF code then thats your problem, possibly (maybe more likely) a connector problem

nuQ
Car: 2003 M45.
2009 Dodge Caliber SXT

take the connector off the MAF and make sure it's clean. make the sure the connection is secure. if the brass pins in the connector are dirty or corroded, GENTLY scrap them w/ a small metal pin to get them shiny. spread some bulb grease in the connectors and close it up snug. had the same problem and this cleared it all up.

one ton garage

Is the engine running rough only when revved above a certain rpm? or even at idle...? if it's stumbling even at idle, try and pull the maf plug as the engine is running... if it smooths out, then that is a tell-tale sign of bad maf/maf connection. Just a quick test to try only if the rough running is at idle...

Jeff Williams
Car: 1994 Q45t, 2000 I30t, 2004 M45, 71, 72, 73, 82 & 2000 Corvettes

Eddie, it does sound like a MAF sensor problem. The knock sensor code is kinda bad too. My harness was corroded right at the knock sensors. The sensors were cracked as well. I bet if you can get to them, yours are corroded as well.

Nothing worse than a bad running Q. Nothing better than a good running Q.

It is a love/hate relationship, at best.

guadofreak
Car: 1994 Q45t

thanx everyone. Everything/one is leading to a bad MAF sensor. I am having one ordered this week. Gonna try it out and see if that is my problem.

I will report back.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”