My Project (Jacquemond kit)

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
a_ahmed
Car: 1991 240sx fastback

blabla updates now

OutToWinPAHC
Car: 2015 Silverado, R33 GTST, R32 GTR, RB20 E46 RHD, 2015 Harley Vrod Muscle, 1990 Nissan Patrol

I am curious, how heavy is this thing going to end up being?

Sky240PWR
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX

OutToWinPAHC wrote:I am curious, how heavy is this thing going to end up being?
well, my goal was to build this car without adding alot of extra weight, with that said, I'm sure it'll be close but won't be the end of the world if it weighs 100 lbs or so more then stock.

I don't really have a list but here's a few off the top of my head.1...stock hatch, with window, mine is fiberglass without the heavy window.

2...sunroof, getting rid of mine.

3...rear quarter window, i have lex..even though the stock aren't too heavy.

4...gas tank...have a fuel cell.

5...stock seats and rear interior, I have Bride and from seats back, will be stripped and painted, carbon fiber door covers with a cusco safty cage so that might even out there??

6...stock suspension, I have full cusco with coilovers....not sure, i would think lighter then stock.

7... stock exhaust....i'm going with a custom ti.

8...stock rims....beleive it or not, my rims are pretty damn light.(will weigh when he puts cusco suspension on.

9...stock top...lol..i'm chopping so the front window will be smaller..hey...small things like that add up!..lol so... could think of more but you get the point.....not making any promises just a goal.

Bumnah
Car: 1992 240SX, black. Bone stock.

What is your goal for the car? Show car or do you actually expect this thing to go around the track well?

If it's a show car, you can cut out half that list.

If it's a show car, I'd do air bag suspension over coilovers.

Sky240PWR

I'm building this car to be all the above, I'm going to drive this car, show it and I would like to take it to the track to see what it can do but for the most part, i'm building this car for fun. The things I listed are things I'm doing, not cause they were lighter but cause i wanted to, some just happen to lighten up the car.As far as coilovers, i'm going with a cup kit like the Top Secret, but if i can't get it cheaper, I'll go with a knock off company, it works with your coilovers and can raise the car up to 5'' front and back.

Sky240PWR

a_ahmed wrote:blabla updates now
OK, not much to update but I got my cusco suspension in and put my mirriors on to see how they look, i'm loving them!

and for those still hating on the chop top..lol

pauliedrft
Car: 91 240sx

nice build and definitely different .i like it and as long as you do it doesn't matter .

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

Yay updates! Where have I been?! LOL. Looking good... keep it up, we know you can start to taste it too!

dak0n
Car: 1992 white 180sx (under construction, will be done soon)

did you have anything in mind on interior around the inverted hatch? are you gonna have back seats and a backing or somthing

1990-240sxsr20det
Car: 1992 s13 Coupe

D*** it looks way better than I thought it would. No offense of course. Its not exactly my taste but im happy to see someone has the balls to go out and do something they want to do thats different. Major props to you. Its coming together amazingly!

Sky240PWR

dak0n wrote:did you have anything in mind on interior around the inverted hatch? are you gonna have back seats and a backing or somthing
i'm not at my computer or else i'd show you....incase you didn't see, i'll go over it all....from the seat back will be stripped and painted to match car, I have a cusco rollcage, strut bars and a fuel cell for the back, the front will have black carpet, Bride seats, Nardi steering wheel, C's short shifter, nismo shift knob, leather boots for both from italy(from nico sponser...lol)....carbon fiber door panles, hopefully my middle console will be carbon fiber too, i thought about getting the carbon fiber seat deletes to go with the theme....but don't know yet....going with Defi gauges....i'm sure i'm missing stuff but it's late, i have to be up for work in less then 4 hours, good night

thanks for all the nice replies guys, it really makes my day.....yeah, i'm a nerd..lol

numbnuts240
Car: 1999 exploder 4-door 5-speed, 1974 fairlady z 250gt, 2011 ford focus, 2010 mazda3

so you're going to get all new custom glass, modify the pillars, and hack up the inverted hatch to lower the roof?

a_ahmed

If you were still to stay with the regular hatch window I'd get this... it looks amazing:

-Authentic chargespeed carbon fiber hatch (no holes/precut junk, just a sexy plain hatch)-Automotive Polycarbonate Glazing (russ, [email protected]) but I believe they are in UK

The fitment is great and it's nice and flush looking :D I love how the glass replacment doesn't have the old style lining, but instead is just the glass but made flush :D Sexy

Which brings me to my point. The quarter rear glass I hope you do something of this sort that it sits flush like that and the same for the door windows
Modified by a_ahmed at 8:47 AM 5/15/2009

Sky240PWR

numbnuts240 wrote:so you're going to get all new custom glass, modify the pillars, and hack up the inverted hatch to lower the roof?
yes, the rear hatch and rear quarters are no problem, it's the front windsheild and doors windows that might be a pain....but i think it will look alot sexxier......yeah i said it!....lol...don't remember if i said before but i bought a whole top, so modifying the roof and pillars shouldn't be a problem for my guy.
a_ahmed wrote:If you were still to stay with the regular hatch window I'd get this... it looks amazing:

-Authentic chargespeed carbon fiber hatch (no holes/precut junk, just a sexy plain hatch)-Automotive Polycarbonate Glazing (russ, [email protected]) but I believe they are in UK

The fitment is great and it's nice and flush looking :D I love how the glass replacment doesn't have the old style lining, but instead is just the glass but made flush :D Sexy

Which brings me to my point. The quarter rear glass I hope you do something of this sort that it sits flush like that and the same for the door windows

Modified by a_ahmed at 8:47 AM 5/15/2009
but i'm not...i have ONE of the rarest aftermarket parts of it's kind, no way am i going to pass it up for that set up or any other, i've only seen it on one car that was done up and that's the Bn-sports car itself.....not saying there isn't, i just haven't seen any.....if anyone has, please post pics
Modified by Sky240PWR at 12:03 PM 5/15/2009

numbnuts240
Car: 1999 exploder 4-door 5-speed, 1974 fairlady z 250gt, 2011 ford focus, 2010 mazda3

Sky240PWR wrote:yes, the rear hatch and rear quarters are no problem, it's the front windsheild and doors windows that might be a pain.
i would imagine the rear quarter windows would be more of a pain that the windshield and doors.

Sky240PWR

I don't think so, i bought some Acryl quarter windows from ikeya formula, all we have to do is trim it to fit

I might buy the windshield and side windows from them too....not sure yet though, just depends on how much trouble the oem glass gives us.
Modified by Sky240PWR at 12:33 PM 5/15/2009

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Keep up the good work Jeremy!

What's your guess on how much longer to complete the project?

Bumnah
Car: 1992 240SX, black. Bone stock.

If you do an acrylic windshield, make sure you wear your helmet every time you drive.

Have I told you about getting it sponsored? It will help stop the bleeding in your wallet.

Sky240PWR

Eikon wrote:Keep up the good work Jeremy!

What's your guess on how much longer to complete the project?
thanks!..... i know people don't want to hear this but maybe a year and ahalf....he doesn't get to work on it as much as i like but he knows his stuff and i couldn't get a better rate then if i was his own son..lol...so thats where i'm at, now that he's got the suspension, he can get the wheels where they need to be so he can work those fender wells out.
Bumnah wrote:If you do an acrylic windshield, make sure you wear your helmet every time you drive.

Have I told you about getting it sponsored? It will help stop the bleeding in your wallet.
that bad huh?....maybe not then as far as sponsors, they are going to want it done now...or sooner then he can prolly do it, I'm going with Cusco for all suspension and bracing mods, was hoping to pick them up but who knows...thought about calling Jacquemond and telling him that if he doesn't give me a kick back, i'll tell people the truth about his kit when it hits the mags...lol...but i'm a nice guy
Modified by Sky240PWR at 8:03 PM 5/15/2009

Avier03
Car: s13 pignose

So when are we going to get to see you sell some nice replicas of that inverted hatch making you a lil bit of money and a few of us happy.

Sky240PWR

Avier03.......well, I would have to sell alot of them to even brake even, plus.....then it wouldn't be that rare of a apart anymore, and thats one of the things i love about it....and last, if he's making them, who will work on my car?..lol

A small update, car is going in at the end of the month to get all suspension parts put on and for the alignment to be done, i will have pics.

Modified by Sky240PWR at 9:29 PM 6/13/2009

s13importuner7
Car: 1991 240sx

^ your sick for even posting thatanyways, i really want to see this done. im not gonna lie i thinks its a big waste of money, and i hate the rear end. i do like the front and the side though. but hey if you like it and dont mind droppin a fortune then great! also with the chop top arent you gonna hit your head? everyone complains about this with their stock 240s....or are you gonna make some custom SUPER LOW seat brackets

Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

T1ghtJDMDRIFT

Do you like anything? Every post I see you make is you not liking something. I don't really like most of the things people do either, but I guess I'm just not as blunt about it as you.

ewok_sammich
Car: '92 Nissan 240sx SE Hatchback

Broadfield's car is boring? Wait, what?

tmwnn
Car: '93 240sx

Get excite and you will be rad. Bro

Sky240PWR

s13importuner7 wrote:^ your sick for even posting thatanyways, i really want to see this done. im not gonna lie i thinks its a big waste of money, and i hate the rear end. i do like the front and the side though. but hey if you like it and dont mind droppin a fortune then great! also with the chop top arent you gonna hit your head? everyone complains about this with their stock 240s....or are you gonna make some custom SUPER LOW seat brackets
It's cool, I know my car isn't for everyone, just my opinion but i think it's 65%, 30%, 5%......which means, 65% of people love the JDM kits with rims, lowered, ect....30% love a stock car with maybe rims and lowered, and maybe 5% are open minded to anything, but with almost 1000 post on my build thread and maybe 10 bad ones, I'm very happy with the support i do get, i mean it's impossible to please everyone.....so thanks again to the people who don't hate(even if they don't love everything i do with my car)

well, I have the Bride seats with rails, I'm going to see if he can customize them at all, but before we do anything, we will mount the seats and measure to see how much we can chop, I do dd my s2000, with the top up, it's a tighter squeeze then the 240....so i'm use to it.

I did pick these seats with the lower sides to help me get in and out of the car easier.

MastaYu
Car: 92 240SX HB SE

^ very nice

a_ahmed

wow that seat looks lower than sock seats and if it's side mount or something that'll be absolutely frickin insane.

You know you could chop the floor where the cat bump/hump is... that gives like 5" or so of extra room if im not mistaken... its really a high bump..

That's insane The only thing with that seat is I don' need a reclinable and I need more side support for track duty haha.. still a nice seat though

Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

ViolentRunning13 wrote:
Your car is boring. Get excite.
ExciteBike.... now that was an awesome game!

http://nintendo8.com/game/24/excitebike/

TekuDrifter18
Car: 240sx Type X

it has been a while since i posted here but i am happy to see this car is still going. good luck man. love the car.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”