My Project (Jacquemond kit)

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Sky240PWR
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX

placham wrote:
Duno bout updates, but this thread is older than dirt. Started in 06 original post
If you've been with me from the start, you know why this is taking this long, anyway, last week i talked to him, he wants to get the coilovers on and drop it like it's hot...lolI think he wants to work on the fender wells, so i have to get the car where it's going to be suspention wise so he can go from there.Remember, he only works ever other weekend on this, and thats not a guarantee.

By the way, i know i shouldn't but i think i just added a car to my list, stay tuned......

S15nS13vert
Car: 95 240sx with a s15 engine 6speed tranny, 94 S13.4 SKYLINE VERT and a 08 Lexus RX350

awsome project, i am doing a R32 rear n S14 kouki front, it is in the paint shop, i hope i can get it done by july, my wedding is in august 21st.good luck

zenki-S13
Car: 1990 Nissan 240sx S13

i personally think that those panels look stupid.

however i do like how you are making the vents functional

a_ahmed
Car: 1991 240sx fastback

updates?

Sky240PWR

Funny you should ask, i was just about to post some pics of the coilovers installed......the car can go lower, i need some work done to the rear suspension, control arms and what not....you see how this wheel is forward alittle bit, it's not the body kit, he had to cut that part out so he could get the wheel on and lower it, won't be hard to put it back on.

has anyone had this happen to them??

other side

I'm going to get some back pics.....

ashibah83
Car: 93 SUPA BLACK COUPE

nice...but you really need some meatier tires

tctomasc
Car: 95 240sx

s*** looks tight.

Sky240PWR

ashibah83 wrote:nice...but you really need some meatier tires
I know, i've already said that...these tires are still new, going to sell them...Yokohama 18/255/35zr 90w and 18/225/40zr 88w....anyone?

ashibah83
Car: 93 SUPA BLACK COUPE

my bad i didnt see that, i would grab them, but i need 17's

S15nS13vert
Car: 95 240sx with a s15 engine 6speed tranny, 94 S13.4 SKYLINE VERT and a 08 Lexus RX350

what size are your rims????

Sky240PWR

18x11 and 18x9

S15nS13vert

so the 18x11 wheel fits 255 35 18 tire??i am getting 18x12i was wondering if i should go 295 30 18..... u think that will work?

240lookis
Car: 1990 240sx hatch

ya, i agree on the meatier tire suggestions. this isnt a beat to s*** 240 dorifto anymore. it looks more like an exotic. so it should have tires for grip. no stretch.

Sky240PWR

ok, so, got bored, thought i'd photochop something!..lol... here i even put some beefier tires in the rear......what do you guys think about the vents on the front fender?....i don't know yet but i think i like. I drew on my mirrior, and diffusers, put mesh in the vents and chopped the top. I think i'm even going to paint the vents black, i like them to stand out more. The side skirts are going to be more stright, like this, rather then curved, better to fit a side diffuser.

On a side note, picked up my hatch and another complete roof(whole top portion) this week, he said it would be easier doing the chop top with having another top to work with. The hatch is so when we makes the wing, I'm going to make it fit the stock hatch, and then modify it to fit the Bn Sports hatch, if it needs it. This way, I can make more of the wings and sell them if anyone likes them, but all in good time.

p.s going to try and get up there tomorrow to take pics of the rear, i don't have any since the drop....plus i've decided to go with cusco for full suspension....stay tuned..

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

I like the screen you added to the side vents. The front needs more thought put there IMO. I wanna see this with paint.

just to compare the chop too.

I like lower roof line in the rear. Keep up the good work and your guy too.

a_ahmed

Sky240PWR wrote:ok, so, got bored, thought i'd photochop something!..lol... here i even put some beefier tires in the rear......what do you guys think about the vents on the front fender?....i don't know yet but i think i like. I drew on my mirrior, and diffusers, put mesh in the vents and chopped the top. I think i'm even going to paint the vents black, i like them to stand out more. The side skirts are going to be more stright, like this, rather then curved, better to fit a side diffuser.

On a side note, picked up my hatch and another complete roof(whole top portion) this week, he said it would be easier doing the chop top with having another top to work with. The hatch is so when we makes the wing, I'm going to make it fit the stock hatch, and then modify it to fit the Bn Sports hatch, if it needs it. This way, I can make more of the wings and sell them if anyone likes them, but all in good time.

p.s going to try and get up there tomorrow to take pics of the rear, i don't have any since the drop....plus i've decided to go with cusco for full suspension....stay tuned..
much much better, that's taking it in a better direction

Should seriously do a full underbody as i said before... otherwise the lip will be just a lip, but a proper splitter thats useful. I like it... nice update.

Have I shown you a buddy in saudi what he did haha, he has a thread on NRR (nissanroadracing) check it out:

He has a serious road race car in saudi Running faster than f430 scuderias, amongst many other expensive toys LS7 powered :D

That picture sucks but he has tons of detailed pictures how he did his build on NRR:

http://nissanroadracing.com/vb...age=3

Edit a few interesting ones:

Just for inspiration

USsil80

wow that thing is pretty!!! love the full under body sheet metal

mmaxeyjr
Car: 1995 s14

Kaleo55
Car: 95 240SX

I got a little anxious and wanted to give your car a primer coat to see ... a teaser... hope you don't mind... Added a ground effects kit on sides and diffusor on the front, black grills. Please don't add vents on the side of front fenders behind the wheels. I also hope you don't decide to chop the roof...
Modified by Kaleo55 at 10:12 PM 3/28/2009

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

Nice! PS. Really like the additions, why not chop the roof line?

alphapig
Car: Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5S

I agree. Don't chop the roof.

Getting even this far has taken too many years

Sky240PWR

Thanks for the feed back guys

a_ahmed .....I will be doing some sort of underbody work, just not sure what at the moment.

breadbox...the front bumper will go through changes when he makes the plug.

Kaleo55 ....I wish i could photochop like that, thats awsome. looks pretty close, except the extra side vent work and the fins on the diffusers.....were you guessing about the head lights, or do you remember me saying i was going to do a custom set-up?

alphapig.....sorry the chop top is here to stay

Ok, with that said, I just want to remind people that if i listened to what everyone said on here, this project wouldn't have even got started, everyone hated on me when i first posted some ideas.....and i mean everyone!..lol...when it comes to my jobs and what i know, i'm just an average guy, infact you prolly make more money then i do.....I wanted to build something that was very different then what I've seen on the forums and the last thirteen years of mags i've got piled in my office, I wanted to build the most exotic 240 hatch in the world, now will i succeed?....who knows, remember, i'm not a company with alot of backing so it's going to take time, if i asked you to come up with over a 100K, and still live a decent life, how long would it take you?.....but seriously thats my ultimate dream, is for this car to get world wide attention ..hey, it could happen..how many chop top hatches do you know that exist......ummmm..one that i know of, i think that will be a big selling point in suceeding in my dreams.

Modified by Sky240PWR at 9:30 PM 3/28/2009

Sky240PWR

Ok, now that i've scared some of you off..lol...hope not!...I've got my Cusco suspension ordered, Tension rod, Toe control arm, rear upper link, rear adjustable upper arms, front and back sway bars, and the Zero-2E coilovers with the E-con, I'm also getting the Top Secret Roberuta cup kit, but there are a few companies state side that offer the same kit but alot cheaper so don't know yet on that one.....anybody need some megan coilovers for their 240.....they are still new, car hasn't even moved since they been on..lol..so no miles on them....800 shipped obo

I might be getting different rims, but only if i can sell these, I do need a big brake kit, if anyone knows of a deal, let me know, or else I might have to try and do some sort of 350z track/evo Brembo brake conversion.

and just a few from the back...

I love this shot, it's a stright shot from the door flare and hood vents..lol

Kalypso

post those wheels on Zilvia and they will sell.

looks good as is... I wouldn't do much more at this point... nice wheel fitment and you're all set.

Kaleo55
Car: 95 240SX

Sky240PWR wrote:I might be getting different rims, but only if i can sell these, I do need a big brake kit, if anyone knows of a deal, let me know, or else I might have to try and do some sort of 350z track/evo Brembo brake conversion.

I love this shot, it's a stright shot from the door flare and hood vents..lol
What you gonna do about that gaping space between the door panel and the fender flair? That looks kinda funky. There's no functional reason for that gap other than extending the width of the fender. It's not like it's venting anything or creating down-force or other true aero function. I guess cause you can see the old fender inside, and the wheel gap/opening. Will you seal the wheel well area?

Sky240PWR

as far as the gap, it's not done but it will alow for air to escape from the front wheels, i mean it's not like I've had it in a wind tunnel but i think you'll like the end result, you'll have to wait and see....

here, we made that part to hide the fender brace and to give it more of a complete look.

this is what it would look like if we didn't make that piece, even with mesh, it wouldn't look right.

Tack
Car: 1990 Nissan 240sx

Wow, your guy does great work. Keep this updated please!

a_ahmed

keep it going keep it going cmon

Sky240PWR

a_ahmed wrote:keep it going keep it going cmon
fine fine...got bored, please excuse the drawings, it's just to get you the idea of what i'm doing. And P.S. i won't be using chicken wire.

these pics aren't exact, but simular, i used different colors in the second pic, cause if i used all black, it would of all ran together and looked like a blob.

Tack wrote:Wow, your guy does great work. Keep this updated please!
well since you joined on my birth day(today), alright..just for you ...lol
Kaleo55 wrote:
What you gonna do about that gaping space between the door panel and the fender flair? Will you seal the wheel well area?
....does this work for you?..lol

r34 gtr
Car: 98 Frontier XE 4x4
95.5 Audi URS6 Avant 5spd
03 BMW 330i ZHP 6spd
89 240sx base CA18DET

Your car gets me all hot and bothered. Ive been watching since page 1. keep it up! I don't care if its not done until I'm 30, I'll still be watching this thread.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”