My Price

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
1991240xs

Okay..here's what i'm looking at ...I'm going from a 91 ka24de to a ca18det..tell me if im' missing anything

Front Clip:1850(from unstable..i'll pick it up)Fuel pump:??how much for the walbro255Intercooler:Front clip is guarenteed with sidemount and pipingExhaust:Around 200(local muffler shop)Downpipe:100 or so from daunt(I'll be buying mine in the late winter..so his shop will be open)Fuel Filter: Taken care ofClutch: Act(what's best..what kind of car would i buy it for??)Lsd: junkyard deal..who knows how muchMafs:...no idea what to use..help me out..would like to do the chepaest way that works good

heater hoses ....do i have to adapt them the exact same way that the sr20 ones are done

A/c hoses..will i have to bend them out of the way..I'm still going to use my a/c

Anyone know the best deal on front mounts for the CA?...from where what price?

Any bad glitches in this install...anyone got a picture journal of their install?(would like to just look through at steps)

nismo240sx
Car: tuning and being cool

try to get big MAF like cobra and adapt it U will not regret

777aaron
Car: race cars

I'm not for sure on this cause I have never done it but I have heard of people using the ka24de maf which you should already have,I think it would be better than stock and best of all it should be free!You will want to ask someone a little more in the know about this(moving violation,or dauntless?)to make sure it will work and how to wire it up.Good Luck,777aaron

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

I honestly don't know how well the KA MAF would work, I know the KA24E MAF is the same as an SR20, but it wouldn't work with a CA unless you had a re-programed chip. If your gonna go through the pain to re-program you might as well do a Z32 MAF. Don't waste your time with the Cobra one since it's not any better and takes more work to get it running right.

My advise, get a Z32 MAF, and some Supra MKIII 7MGTE 440cc injectors. That way you have a nice settup and you only have to do the chip once.

NisWerks240
Car: CARS!!!

what about rx7 turbo II injectors Paul, they are 440cc also and fit the ca, the supra injectors can be from na and/or turbo models????

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

old school supra turbo injectors are 440cc, the MKIV are 550. For the MKIII injectors I know you'll need a new harness. The RX-7 Turbo II injectors are 550cc.

Daunttless

Also, if you go and pick up your CA18 they'll probably charge you sales tax. : )

Daunttless

Also, I can get you a LSD for 200-300, and its only 1850 for a CA18 front clip from unstable?? Have you asked them about it...?

looksLikeA240
Car: break dancing

If your getting a clip, why don't you just use the MAFS that comes with the CA, it works well. I guess if you want crazy horse power well over 300 you can upgrade to a z32 or something. A 300zx TT (z32) fuel pump is good for 600hp to the wheels, and they go for around 100 - 150 dollars. They drop right in, all you have to do is shorten one hose and put a clamp on it. The heater hose is easy to mod, its like the sr20det. I ripped my ac out so i dont know anything about that. Takahara or what ever they are called sells the HKS intercooler for around 750 dollars. Its very nice. And you can rather easily fab any sr20det intercooler, if you know of someone who can weld alluminium for you. The KA24DE clutch that is for a 91 will bolt right in after you step up the holes that are on the pressure plate just a tad. We had to drill ares just a hair to get it to fit well. I bought a spec at a good price, but the act's are also nice. Good luck!!

Goodbar6

Quote »crazy horse power well over 300[/quote]

Uhhh, thats not all that crazy....Tyler

Zebrahead
Car: cars, basketball, girls, fishing

Goodbar6 wrote:Uhhh, thats not all that crazy....Tyler

300 to the wheels on a car that weighs well under 3,000lbs and is rear wheel drive? That's a 12 second car. That's a pretty crazy daily driver to me. I don't know about you, but I'm used to driving a mid 15 second car, so down 3.5 seconds is pretty crazy . . .

Nick.

looksLikeA240
Car: break dancing

To me, a four banger street car with anything over 350 is really not much of a street car. Not that its not possible or anything, not that you cant have lots of power and still have an interior. I just think out a 1.8L motor that isnt build should not have too much power over 300 as a safe figure. I just dont want to see anyones motor blow. 250 horse power in a 240 can net 12 sec runs.

1991240xs

Ya dauntless..unstable just updated their webpage a few weeks ago and their prices went up 50 dollars to 1850..atleast that's what they're saying..I'm sure they're going to try and stick me with a bunch of other ****..i'm just putting aside 2200 for the ca engine depending on what they put me through..I'd really just like the front clip...gives you something to look at when you're installing-

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”