My poor neglected 720.

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
moredunes720
Car: 1985 nissan 720 4x4

Man, I have not been on here for awhile. So, my poor neglected 720 is starting to make me look like WT. It's sitting on my lawn, grass growing up around the wheels, unfinished bondo and sanding and primer all over it. Tags are now expired and the rust is really starting to creep. At least my new tires still look hot! lol I have no idea when I will get the cash flow again to start working on it. Right now it needs, 2" more lift, clutch fan replaced or upgraded to electric, clutch replaced, still can't find master cylinder cap for the cmc. Oh yeah, and I need to put some kind of headliner in the cab. It looks so crappy I prolly can't even sell it if I wanted to lol. Oh well, maybe next summer.

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

all things get better with time..... well at least when it comes to alcohol

don't give up on it man... it'll turn out good eventually

moredunes720

I think I just need to grow a mullet and a moustache and proudly stand next to it for a photo op!

flinterman2000
Car: 2000 Nissan Wingroad, 85 Datsun 720 Pick Up.

Patience my friend. It took me 6 months to find the engine for the swap and another two months to raise the cash. The budget went out the window when the head had to come off, so I'm back to square one and trying to raise some more cash. Christmas is round the corner and the house also needs attention, then there's the kids too. But I pray and I know they will be heard.

moredunes720

I just miss playin on the dunes with it... since the fan is busted it overheats real quick in 4x4. The clutch prolly has alot more miles left, but the throwout bearing is gettin noisy. I will hopefully have it going by feb if I actually get to spend my bonus money on me this time, as long as the wife stops getting speeding tickets. ha I reaaallly want to get a good pic of it midair, since you don't see many of these old nissans out there 4 wheelin'. EVERYONE has modified toyotas around here. Of course, there are reasons for that, but I like to buck conventional thinking.

flinterman2000
Car: 2000 Nissan Wingroad, 85 Datsun 720 Pick Up.

You still need to have some patience. The mechanic has mine two (2) months now, had the original engine out in three days and I've seen trouble since. Have Patience.

Return to “Datsun 720”