My Poor Baby....

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
OrangeRogue
Car: 2008 Orange Alloy Rogue SL AWD

I just bought my beautiful Orange Rogue on Friday and the next day I drove it to my boyfriend's house to show it to him. I parked it in front of his house in the middle of the day for about 3 hours. I got back to my baby to notice that someone had broken into my passenger side front window and had stolen my ipod and navigation system. I couldnt believe it! I had her for 1 day and she is now already in the shop being fixed up. Poor poor baby....

bill875
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Indigo Blue / Premium Package / Fully Loaded

Wow, I am sorry to hear that happened to you.

I had something similar happen and my auto insurance wouldn't cover the stolen items, however my comprehensive did replace the glass. This was not on my Rogue though. Now I make sure to bring my GPS and other electronics inside with me every time I leave the car. It's a pain, but it's too expensive to replace those items.

Smash and grab thefts are quickly on the rise due to GPS/Navigation devices and of course iPods/Satellite Radios. I saw on a show once that they will even smash-n-grab even if they just see the suction cup mark on your windshield from your GPS or other electronic device. They assume that the equipment is in your glove box or center storage compartment. So you just can't win

I hope they quickly get your Rogue to feeling brand new. They are great vehicles and after three months, I still love mine :D

jsherm007
Car: 2008 Rogue

I heard about that suction cup issue too.. With my Garmin Nuvi I have a dash "friction mount" that is on my Nuvi, and it fits perfect into the HUGE Rogue glove box. So whenever I need it I pull it out and set it on the dash. I have my radar detector up by the visor so it's as unnoticable as possible - since it's a V1.

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

Sorry to hear about your incident. Hope the repairs are satisfactory. I use a Garmin c330 mounted between the heater vents by Velcro. I unplug it and toss it to the back floor. Hasn't attracted attintion so far. That orange is sooo cool!

flybooey

I have actually got into the habit of leaving the armrest lid open and popping open the glovebox before leaving it overnight. It sucks to have to do that but so does having the deal with a broken window/lock etc. the two level armrest storage thing is good for deceiving thieves too, we'll see how long that lasts though.

OrangeRogue
Car: 2008 Orange Alloy Rogue SL AWD

I get her back today! YAY

Return to “Rogue Forum”