my Nissan car engine

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
SaraMc
Car: Nissan Qashqai

I am slightly suspicious that my Nissan car engine was damaged during its annual service - I have a 4 year old Nissan car that was put into the garage for an annual routine service before I went off on my holidays and the garage has said I need a new engine.
I am a careful lady driver( +50 ) who was extremely proud to be driving a Nissan Qashqai the car is driven regularly around town and can't believe that my car that appeared to have no issues should now need a new engine I haven't even got 60000 miles on the clock

Please can you help me understand what may have gone wrong - My previous car a Toyota ??.hatch back thing ??? I had for 6 years and never had an engine issue
Why should this happen with a Nissan car?

sliderman240sx
Car: 89 240sx : being converted to rhd as we speek
97 240sx kouki need 5-speed

why do they say you need a motor? does it knock or make a noise? or did they notice something in your oil? it does seem odd that you would need a engine that soon but it does happen. let me know and ill help anyway i can :crazy:

SaraMc
Car: Nissan Qashqai

Paid for service then driving the car out of the forecourt the engine management light came on and I quickly returned to the garage. It was on the following days that the diagnosis was made by the garage that a new engine would be required.

sliderman240sx
Car: 89 240sx : being converted to rhd as we speek
97 240sx kouki need 5-speed

but what did they say was the reason?

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”