My New Q45!!

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Death by Mullet
Car: 94 Q45

Here it is. 1994 q45. You guys are right, this is one hell of a car stock. I payed 2k for the car and it is worth every penny (probably more) Looks like nobody ever sat in the back seats, the interior is plush. The floor mats are warn out in the front, does anyone know where I can get some new ones? (cheap?) The front turn signal needs to be replaced? any suggestions where to get one besides the dealer? One more problem, I can't stop flooring the gas. This thing is fast!

Death by Mullet

Death by Mullet

Death by Mullet

dont know how else to post multiple pics

Death by Mullet

Q_SHIP
Car: 1999 Q45T with a billion miles.

Yea, You stole the car if you ask me. Nice find.

96Qowner
Car: 1996 Q45

You lucky DAWG, you! Nice, nice, nice lookin' car.

So, did you get those repair records? Was it well taken care of?

Now ... (whisper) ... find a cloverleaf entrance ramp and floor it at the cusp of the curve - keep it down through the shift at 85 ... heheh, hold on tight.

Call Joe at Everything Nissan & infinity 1-888-216-5328. He's a sponsor and has discounted prices on Infiniti stuff.

You can also find things like that combo light on ebay if you check it every day for a few weeks. Anything 94-96 will fit.
Modified by 96Qowner at 1:12 PM 4/20/2005

EQwhipD
Car: 1994 Q45 (Totalled)/ 1994 Q45a (SOLD) / 1990 Z32TT

Mullet,You got yourself a great car, especially with only 80,_ _ _ miles on it! I would use the money you have saved in purchasing to invest in preventive maintance. Listen to the rear of the car when the engine is on, and notice if you hear a whining sound, if so change your fuel pump immediately. You really got a really good deal, and you can make it a great deal if you read through the Q45.org website to see what things to look out for. Remember buying a 1994 Q45 silver/silver, low mileage and 16" BBS OEM rims with new tires to match is simply unheard of so prevent future problems and at the same time preserve your blessing! Congrats! EQwhipD

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Death by Mullet wrote: I payed 2k for the car and it is worth every penny (probably more) Looks like nobody ever sat in the back seats, the interior is plush. The floor mats are warn out in the front, does anyone know where I can get some new ones? (cheap?)
You got a hell of a deal. The cheapest parts are OEM as almost all aftermarket parts are of insufficient quality to work or last. Many even harm the car, sometimes fatally if they are mechanical.

Do some reading of the previous posts to learn how to keep you treasure in top form. Most start by replacing all the fluids and filters.

Remember, Joe is your friend.

Death by Mullet

Thanks man! I do feel lucky. This is the first car I have owned with power windows. I would of been happy with just that but this thing has power head rests! insane.As for the service records- the only one in the vehicle was back in 97 I am still working on getting them from her. I found the dealer where she got it worked on at so just need to find time to retreive them.Yesterday I took the Q to my local shop where I take my CJ-7. They changed the oil & tranny fluid and filters. They said that the car is in great shape.

Thanks for your reply,Mullet

Death by Mullet

Haha, there are no clover on or off ramps here in Hick ville. But I am still learning how to drive this beast. I have to say, the ride is much smoother than my Jeep

Mullet

Death by Mullet

No hissing sound but thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for your reply,Mullet

maxnix
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Death by Mullet wrote:Yesterday I took the Q to my local shop where I take my CJ-7. They changed the oil & tranny fluid and filters. They said that the car is in great shape.
How did they do this? BG machine? With what did you replace the fluid?

Assume the CJ-7 shop sees a lot of Q45s so they could accurately assess its condition, or were they just comparing it to the Jeeps they see? Big differences between the two.

Rex
Car: None

Death by Mullet wrote:dont know how else to post multiple pics
To post multiple pics, they must be hosted online somewhere (like NICO's Members Rides). See my sig for a tutorial.

Death by Mullet

Not sure what you are getting at.... After reading replies to my last post, you guys were mostly concerned about the tranny. So, I told my mechanic to replace the fluid. He said he dropped the pan, drained the fluid, replaced the filter, & refilled. Was I suppose to tell him what kind of fluid? Yes, I dought he sees any infinity cars but, I really trust this guy. He never rips me off. He has worked me through problems over the phone with no concern of makeing a buck. What is a BG machine?

Mullet

Death by Mullet

Will do, thanks.

Mullet

96Qowner

As an information source for Infiniti owners, the members of this forum have to be sure they err on the side of caution when they advise posters. Sometimes it comes off negatively or excessively - I've winced a few times.

The Q45 is a one-off design - it shares virtually nothing with any other car, has some quirky design features, and requires that its owner pay close attention to proper maintenance and proper OEM parts replacements.

So when we hear that a tech has done some "standard" maintenance or used "standard" parts, we get all fidgety.

As Q45tech has said many times, a Q45's greatest danger comes from shade tree mechanics and well-meaning do-it-yourselfers.

By the same token, you can trust what people here tell you. They won't let you down by advising you take any shortcuts that will hurt the car.

Death by Mullet

96Qowner,

Yes, I fully understand. I want the b3st for my new ride as well. I plan on keeping this car for a very long time. I don't want to pay for someone to dump junk into my new car and I don't begin to pretend I know anything about working on my own car. I learned the hard way on an old vehicle that I cause more problems doing things myself. By the way, I contacted joe today and bought a pop charger, foor mats, and a new turn signal. He is a cool guy, hooked me up with some great deals! Thanks for refering him to me!

Mullet

Q45denver
Car: 1995 Q45t 1990 Q45 1998 Nissan Frontier

Great deal, You could probably sell it on Ebay for two or three times what you paid. If you do a search you will likely determine the pop charger was a waste of money and could damage the engine. Stick with OEM parts if possible.

Death by Mullet

Ut oh, crap. It could damage the motor! It was recomended by someone here. I think, or maybe joe?!? well it's payed for. dought I could do much now but put it on.

Thanks for the downer Mullet

Rex

Death by Mullet wrote:Ut oh, crap. It could damage the motor! It was recomended by someone here. I think, or maybe joe?!? well it's payed for. dought I could do much now but put it on.

Thanks for the downer Mullet
Joe's very understanding on returns.

sadams
Car: 99 Q45, 97 Ford F250, 98 Dodge GC Sport, 79 MG Midget

[QUOTE=Q_SHIP]Someone needs to get the G50 kit from there.

QUOTE]

Since you got in the game so cheap maybe you can spare a few g's for the body kit from junction produce... zerothread?id=112914

Jeff Williams
Car: 1994 Q45t, 2000 I30t, 2004 M45, 71, 72, 73, 82 & 2000 Corvettes

Beautiful! I love silver/silver. It looks just like Lola.

Keep your ear peeled for the fuel pump hum in the rear seat.

The tranny flush is a machine, that pumps fluid throught the tranny, and exchanges all the fluid. A pan drop only changes about 4 quarts. There is about 14 quarts total.

A fuel rail flush will help keep the fuel injectors clean.

Definitely consider flushing the coolant system, brake fluid, and rearend lube.

All fluids are pretty old, and ready for replacement at 11 years.

If you have the original plugs, you need new ones by now. Only use NGK. elwesso can hook you up with a set. It takes about 3 hours to replace them. It is quite a challenge for the shade tree mechanic or DIYer.

If you want to have a dealership check the timing, throttle position sensor, and crank angle sensor, you might squeak out a few more HP's. Advancing the timing 2 degrees helps a bit. It makes up for stretch in the timing chain.

I have a second set of floor mats, but haven't installed them yet. I was kinda waiting for a special occasion. The originals are a little dirty, and the logo is kinda wore out, as well. 219,000 miles has taken it's toll. I will take a pic, and post it for you. If they are better than yours, you can have them. Just pay for shipping.

Do you have the Sony CD changer in the trunk?

maxnix
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Death by Mullet wrote:It was recomended by someone here.
Probably not. It really literally pays to read the prevoius posts, especially by Q45tech. He has us a couple of planes above the Civic boards by actually experimenting with parts and documenting the results. He knows what works and what is a waste.
Modified by maxnix at 9:12 AM 4/22/2005

Jeff Williams
Car: 1994 Q45t, 2000 I30t, 2004 M45, 71, 72, 73, 82 & 2000 Corvettes

Here is apic of my floor mats. Don't say anything about the dirt. I haven't clleaned them in a while. Nor have I vacuumed the car in a while.

The price is free plus shipping.

96Qowner

You saw it in the thread on the 800 HP boat motor.

Heheh, I had a feeling you were gonna get chastized for the pop-charger, but I decided to wait and see for sure. Yup.

Here's an old thread where Q45tech goes into the real world numbers on the pop-charger in a Q45:

zerothread?id=9096

I've seen several posters (not regulars except rswicki *wink*) say they have one and like it just fine. I've even seen a couple arguements about it in the last few months.

But the bottom line is: If it doesn't provide any measureable benefit, and could be responsible for mucking up your MAF sensor (which is a big enough PITA anyway), then why use it. It might make a nice fun sound, but it seems like it jus' ain' worth it.
Modified by 96Qowner at 10:50 AM 4/22/2005

rsiwicki
Car: 95 Q45T

There does exist a risk with using the Pop-charger, but under proper cleaning and usage the risk can be minimized. I have two pop-chargers that are in rotation of use where one is cleaned, oiled, then allowed the oil to air dry while the other is on the car until the next oil change which is about 3 months gets switched out. I have used it on my car without any problems thus far for the past 15,000 miles, not to say, that others will have similar experience. You will need to build a good custom heat shield otherwise there will be absolutely no HP gains at all. Since you already bought it you might want to try it out to see how you like or don't like it, but don't let others discourage you from trying something for yourself if you think you can live with the possible consequences.

Probably the best thing to do is to either research NICO or post what you are thinking about doing to your Q before you replace or fix a part on the Q. There are a couple of parts from the 90-93 Q's that are more desired by some on the 94-96 Q's such as the steering rack for the 90-93 Q's or a 90-93 tranny in a 94-96 Q for better first gear acceleration.

Modified with respect for "96Qowner" modification
Modified by rsiwicki at 3:59 PM 4/22/2005

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

^ Drives a 14-second Q. Ignore his experience and advice at your own peril.

Mullet, the alternative is a $7 homemade ramair setup, made from commonly-available parts, and utilizing the stock airbox and OEM filter, possibly the best of both worlds.

Provided a small but noticeable difference in acceleration, esp above 40mph.

Rex

rsiwicki wrote:There does exist a risk with using the Pop-charger, but under proper cleaning and usage the risk can be minimized. I have two pop-chargers that are in rotation of use where one is cleaned, oiled, then allowed the oil to air dry while the other is on the car until the next oil change which is about 3 months gets switched out. ...
I think at least one other (I won't name him) does this as well, and I would think the risk of oil from the element is greatly reduced using this process, otherwise the sound/benefit isn't worth the replacement cost of a MAF, as well as the decreased MPG until you realize it's going/gone bad.

Just my 2 cents.

Death by Mullet

Jeff,

You rock man, that is a great gesture. Joe hooked me up with the front and back for $80. I think that is a pretty good deal so I am just going to slap the new ones in. Thanks anyhow! Looks as if we have the same Q45. My friends can't really picture me in this car. They say it has too much class. By the way, I thought my floor mats are worn

Mullet

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”