My New ProCharger Mods

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I just got here in maryland all at same time...

-Greddy oil catch Can , -AAM high flow cats, -Y pipe, -AAM plenum Spacer, -EGT Gauge integrated in drivers Door AC vent, -a retune and ECU reflash -9 psi pulley...(up from 7psi)

Car is not slow

Fred..

PalmerWMD

We <did> run out of fuel at redline of 6600 rpm so redline was <not> raised in reflash (as it is often done especially on N/A reflashes) but lowered to 6400 rpm for safety.

If I wanna stay at 9 psi pulley and go to an extended redline like the 7100 that the reflash can offer ( which means more like 10.5 psi out of the 9 psi pulley) then you will need:-injectorsand eiither fuel return system or a non ATI fuel management, possibly both.

But when you get those you will be able to support and 11 psi pulley...hmmmm :

paemt6220
Car: 1997 Maxima SE 5MT - MODDED

PalmerWMD wrote:
Car is not slow
Now, that wasn't even worth putting in the post!! We all knew that already!

THIS POST IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT NUMBERS!! and 9psi doesn't count!

Looking forward to another ride!

Chad

<400 posts! Im getting there!

PalmerWMD

I havent taken it to the track yet.My rwhp number werent nearly as much improved as I had hoped ( 355 rwhp on dynojet).

The redline lowering may play a (small) part in that but also it was a very hot day possbily losing as much as 20 whp due to 95F ( the dynojet can only compenste so much)

In any case 355whp = to about 418/420 hp at the Motor which isnt too bad for a hot day.

Also the car <does> feel faster especially midrange.Mike from AA also commented on a much improved midrange.

Fred..

paemt6220

I hoping to see close to 400 at the wheels. Well, Im sure before too long 9psi will become not fast enough and you'll be back at AA! Then You'll be hunting down big scary snakes(the dodge type)!!

Chad

PalmerWMD

Actually I am not all that happy with my Mod adding this week.

AAM plenum Spacer:Fred: "Does it clear the stock strut tower brace?"AA:"Yes"Fred:"ok I'll take one"

Result:Front Stock Strut tower brace bent and scracthed to make it fir, mounted now on thick washers to accomodate spacer..

Anotehr example:Fred: " Can you mount the EGT gauge in my AC vent?"AA: "sure"Result its mounted and work beutiful but:drivers side door cladding loose , door handle falls off in my hand, Driver side cladding also appears damaged.

Another one:Fred: " So can you man integrate the J&S with the reflash?"AA: "Yes. he's done it once before"

result: next day I am being asked how to "zero the J&S"

Miscellanous:door jamb trim now loose also,number of connectors under the hood loose am gonna have to zip-tie a bunch of stuff

paemt6220

Sounds like you might want to start searching for a new shop. I know there are some others in MD. Not sure which ones though!

Chad

Florida240sx
Car: 93 Hatch 5spd
2012 altima coupe 2.5s

Sorry for the bad luck with your shop.There is 3 strikes, find a new shop........

nsrZ32
Car: 90 300ZX TT, 78 280Z, 71 521 Pickup, 98 Sentra 2.0 SE, 02 Altima 3.5 SE, 01 Focus s2

Good to hear you got more done to your car!

But AAM is terrible.....hate to say I told you so....but I warned you a long time ago

PalmerWMD

I know you did...In all honesty I think they are doing the hard stuff right, I mean were else can you get a reflash while you wait?

Its the basics tha tneed improvement.

Fred

chrisle7220

Palmermd-

I see that you have a 2004.5 model. I have an '05 enthusiast, will the procharger still work on an '05? I heard the ecu's were a little different, but i talked to some techs and they assured me it would work. What do you think?

PalmerWMD

Chrisle:

Welcome to Nico!!

The Procharger set-up will work on an 05.The exact amount of differences between an 04.5 and an 05 isnt big at all.

Actually I dont think its real clear yet . if there are any significant differences at all, as the 04.5's have slightly different ecu's software from the early 04's too and the 05's are supposed to be close perhaps even the same.

Wether by reflash or piggy back (like J&S or emanage or ATI FMU etc) I cant imagine there being a problem.I <do> recommend you get a timing solution tho in addtion to the ATI fuel solution

Like J&S or emanage etc..

Fred..

PS: Related issue that shows going up to 9 psi pully costs more than just the pulley parts and a retune: zerothread?id=125835

PalmerWMD

In all fairness to AAM :I didnt go with the option they recommended most highly ( which was $5800) so the leaness issue cant really be layed entirely at their doorstep.

And also they have made things good with a lot of stuff and some discounts as well for the expensive hardware neccessary to address my near redline leaness.

Fred..

350zQ45a
Car: 350Z, Q45A

GTR

You will be kicking yourselfs when you easily blow a downpayment on mods after this car comes out.

Think 911 turbo for 911 money.

PalmerWMD

350zQ45a wrote:GTR

You will be kicking yourselfs when you easily blow a downpayment on mods after this car comes out.

Think 911 turbo for 911 money.
Its still unclear exactly when this car will come out.Also 450chp= approx 390 whp stock are nice, but its not all that much more than what my car has right now for much less money.

Fred..

paemt6220

I rode around with Fred again for the second weekend since he got these mods. I had driven and rode in the car with the previous mods. I can honestly say, The car feels much faster now. It pulls very hard at almost any RPM. It is truely thrilling to ride in.

When accelerating, you hear the supercharger very loud. Not just the belts and gears, but you hear the compressor spooling around 3000rpm. It is very loud and distintive until around 4000rpm when the exhaust starts to drowned it out. The entire time it is a very smooth, firm pressure holding you into the seat. then at shift, the recirculation valve opens. Its not a single pop like most BOVs, it actually opens several(5-6) times. Then its back into the seat, and that great sound again!

I am looking foward to being with Fred when he actually does some racing. So far, he has scared 1 mustang owner enough that he turned off. on Sat we had another mustang that would have raced but there wasn't room ahead!

Chad

paemt6220

I rode around with Fred again for the second weekend since he got these mods. I had driven and rode in the car with the previous mods. I can honestly say, The car feels much faster now. It pulls very hard at almost any RPM. It is truely thrilling to ride in.

When accelerating, you hear the supercharger very loud. Not just the belts and gears, but you hear the compressor spooling around 3000rpm. It is very loud and distintive until around 4000rpm when the exhaust starts to drowned it out. The entire time it is a very smooth, firm pressure holding you into the seat. then at shift, the recirculation valve opens. Its not a single pop like most BOVs, it actually opens several(5-6) times. Then its back into the seat, and that great sound again!

The only bad thing I have to say is the B&M shifter rattles, ALOT!! There is also a rattle under the car, possibly caused by the installation of the Y pipe. It is an awesome car none-the-less. I want one!!

I am looking foward to being with Fred when he actually does some racing. So far, he has scared 1 mustang owner enough that he turned off. on Sat we had another mustang that would have raced but there wasn't room ahead!

Chad

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”