My new M35- turning a bad Mercedes experience into an aMazing opportunity

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
TampaTom
Car: 2006 M35 Sport

I just came home yesterday with a new M35 sport (umgrey gray/stone) and could not be happier. A week after purchasing a certified '03 Mercedes E500, I discovered it had previously been in an accident and painted; which the dealer did not disclose. At the same time, I was really disappointed in many aspects of the E500. At any rate, I got the dealer to take the car back which gave me a second chance to find the right car. Needless to say, I would not look at another MB.

I then went to look at the new Lexus GS and the M. I previously owned a Lexus, so I drove the new GS and was impressed. During my research, I kept reading about the rave reviews on the M, so I went for a look and I drive. I was blown away by the car's beauty. The fit, comfort and technology is amazing. The car's interior is roomier than the Lexus, MB and BMW. If this didn't sell me, I took it for a drive. The driving experience is unbelievable. This car is a blast to drive. It's best to drive it with no radio; the engine sound is incredible, the handling superb and the quickness is a rush. Can't wait to drive it. The 19 inch wheel set tops it off. The car has every feature and technology you could ask for, but I suggest you shut them all down and experience this car in it's basic form. You will not be disappointed. The dealership was very professional and I'd recommend them to anyone. What can I say-- fate gave me a second chance to get into a new M, for about the same cost as a 3 year old E500. Feel like I won the lotto!

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Welcome to NICO!

Glad to see that you had an excellent experience with your purchase!

Z

Fenvy
Car: 2005 350Z Base 6MT

the M is good looking

btw how did you find out the MB was in a crash?

Scott in Houston
Car: M35 Sport, 996 Twin Turbo, Ford Explorer

Must be an MB thing. I had an SLK back in '99. When I went to sell it to get a new car, CarMax told me it had paint work! They wouldn't buy it.

I flew back to my MB dealer in a rage, and demanded they make it right. At least, they did. They paid me over book for it as if it hadn't been wrecked. I think they were avoiding a law suit. Anyway, they claimed that sometimes at the port, they'll get damaged and fixed w/o the dealers knowing. (yeah... right)Anyway. they made it right, but if I'm tempted to buy a MB again, I'll inspect the hell out of it.

===========

Scott in Houston'06 M35 Sport'02 996 Twin Turbo'03 Ford Explorer

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

if I were going to buy an MB itd have to be an old school one.. An early 90s 560SEL or 600SEL would be golden.....

Congrats on the purchase on the M... did you drive the M45?

TampaTom

I was showing off the car a week after I bought it to a guy that's in the auto business. He noticed something about the paint job on the left side. After checking the doors and the hood, he discovered it had overspray in spots. I then found a guy who did a paint depth reading and it showed the entire left side was painted. It was a beautuful car (black/black int.); my eyes couldn't even tell. Car fax was clean as well. Fate. I'm much happier with the M. Had a MB for a week, that was enought. When buying used, buyer beware!

TampaTom

Wes,

It took all I had to resist, but I just drove the M35. Going from the MB E500 which had 300 hp, I actually enjoyed the quickness of the 280 in the M35. Another $7,000 had something to do with it as well. Maybe next one!

Tom

TampaTom

Scott,

Absolutley-- my takeaway as well. Carfax won't show much as well. Next time, I'll be very careful if I buy used.

Glad your situation ended well and the dealer stepped up. Guess you won't be going back to CarMax any time soon!

Tom

TXSJaybird

TampaTom,

Glad it worked out for you. I "almost" had the same situation happen, of sorts.

I test drove an E500, and had my heart set on it (this was before I hit the Infiniti dealer) I kept wanting to like it, but something was holding me back. Not sure what it was, but I listened to my gut, and walked away.

SO glad I did. When I got in the M, I knew right away. The only challenge was hiding my enormous grin from the salesguy!!

Reading your post makes me really glad I didnt go with MB...once again!

Oh, and post pics!!

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”