My new daily driver? What will I need?

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
christopher
Car: music, cars, my girl

I am looking for a daily driver car. I have a 240sx and am usually on that forum.

My buddy is offering me his 92 SE-R for free. The catch is, there is no motor/tranny. There are no exaust or intake parts. There is a wiring harness and ECU for an SR20DE. I am finding out what else is missing. He is going to help me put in the new motor in if I can get one.

My questions are:

Is there any difference between the Nissan and Infiniti DE's or is it only cosmetic? What about wiring?

Does anyone know of a reputable seller of used SR20DE motors or clips? (I know I wont need a whole clip.) I am having a hard time finding one at all, and I am afraid of ebay when it comes to motors. Too many scams have been run on my friends with 240's.

Thanks in advance for the help. I searched but all the info I found on sellers of engines had more to do with the DET and I am not trying to spend that kind of money. I don't need it to be a JDM motor. Again thanks.

:D

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Hey man, check out this thread on an SR20 board- http://www.that dead forum/sh...2791, that should give you a good supplier. To my knowledge, Nissan used the exact same engines in their G20 as in the several Nissans that used the SR20DE. I know that the short shifter I ordered also works on G20s, and I'm pretty sure my intake would also work on a G20. I'd jump on a free B13, and if you can, find a high-port motor, they pack a few more ponies (though only a few, and they are usually older too, which means cheaper, so a low miles one would kick) than my low-port. Good luck! Check out sr20forum.com and that dead forum (find an SR20 section like I linked you to), and possibly G20.net to see how easily an Infiniti would work. Good luck! An SR will run forever if you keep it on a standard maintenance schedule!

christopher
Car: music, cars, my girl

Thanks Nametakennow, much obliged.

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Anytime, good luck with the B13!

S13 Power

Yea man go with that B13. If not then hook it up :D

yea the engine should run 350 from soko and it comes with everything youll need. Intake manifold, block, head, exhaust, dist, everytying. all the other stuff if it isnt already htere like the Mafs, mounts tranny, you could find at a salvage yard.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”