My New Altima!

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
jackspat2
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima

I've been a long time lurker. I finally went and got myself a new 2008 Nissan Altima I4 w/ SL package. It's a beautiful car. Black exterior with black leather interior. It's going to be killer during the summer.

I already have a few questions for you guys.

1. I don't like the horn going off when I lock the car. Is there a way to make it the same sound when I unlock the car (the chirp chirp sound)?2. What are my iPod options besides the aux connection? I want to be able to control my iPod with the stock stereo (non-bose). Is it possible?3. I'm not quite understanding the auto air. Does it choose which air direction it wants to go? And does the heat come on when the A/C switch is on? Or does that go off automatically? I'm just trying to understand the system. First car with all these cool things.4. I want to get tinted. People have been telling me not to tint the rear window because the rear defroster coils. It'll bubble the tint in a few years.

So far, averaging 29 on hwy and 23 in the city. I have 250 miles on it so far.

08altima35
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5SE 6Speed Manny Artisan Turbo Dark Slate

as far as the tint goes it would look pretty goofy if you only tinted the side windows don't you think. a good tint job should last 6 or 7 years at least, and being in california you won't need to use the rear defrost all that much so i'm sure it'll last long enough that by the time it does bubble you won't even remember how much you payed for it.

adidas2go
Car: Cycle through all kinds of cars, trucks, motorcycles, and boats 🤙
Once upon a time: 1st turbo Altima Coupe

jackspat2 wrote:1. I don't like the horn going off when I lock the car. Is there a way to make it the same sound when I unlock the car (the chirp chirp sound)?
Take it to Nissan. They can reprogram it.
jackspat2 wrote:2. What are my iPod options besides the aux connection? I want to be able to control my iPod with the stock stereo (non-bose). Is it possible?
There are no other stock connections for the Ipod besides the aux connection on the stereo face.
jackspat2 wrote:3. I'm not quite understanding the auto air. Does it choose which air direction it wants to go? And does the heat come on when the A/C switch is on? Or does that go off automatically? I'm just trying to understand the system. First car with all these cool things.
Auto air means the air conditioner will automatically keep the temperature at what you set the temperature dial to. No the heat does not come on when you turn the a/c on. However when you turn the defrost on the a/c will come on.
jackspat2 wrote:4. I want to get tinted. People have been telling me not to tint the rear window because the rear defroster coils. It'll bubble the tint in a few years.
Its happens to some cars, and it doesn't happen to others. There is no way to tell in the coupe yet because its not even a year old. I personally like tint. If you like it too, then get it. If you go to a good reputable tint shop they should have a warranty to replace the tint if it goes bad within 5 years or so. Worst case scenario. You spend $150 every 3 years to replace it. Not a huge cost by any means.

vballer22
Car: 2008 altima coupe 2.5s

Basically, what he said. as for the ipod options, you have to buy an aftermarket deck or such in order to control it through the stereo itself. Check out the avic d3, lots of a/c owners are getting them.

jackspat2

adidas2go wrote:
Take it to Nissan. They can reprogram it.
Can they program the locks to lock when I put the car into drive? (+15 MPH)

Thanks a lot for your guy's help!

kuhan
Car: 2008 350Z Enthusiast 6-speed

jackspat2 wrote:

That's what I want too.btw, Congrats on your new car. Tint all the way man (except front windshield of course).

BlackNWhite
Car: 08 Altima Coupe

jackspat2 wrote:1. I don't like the horn going off when I lock the car. Is there a way to make it the same sound when I unlock the car (the chirp chirp sound)?
Lol, I don't know about making it go 'chirp chirp'... but you can make it so the horn doesn't sound at all and only your lights flash. You need to be near your car with the key fob and press the lock and unlock together at the same time for about 5 seconds... and that should do it.

rjdmmfl1
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe, Radiant Silver, 3.5SE, Premium Package, VDC

jackspat2 wrote:

i believe they can program it to do that... the aftermarket alarms have that function!

Buzzman
Car: 2017 Mazda 6 GT
2023 Kia Stinger Elite V6 AWD.

Check your local state laws regarding window tint before you spend your money. I'm from Canada, so I don't know what the maximum tint is where you are, but there will more than likely be a by-law that limits your tint darkness.Secondly, get it done by a pro. It's worth the money.Thirdly, I wouldn't be too concerned about the rear defrost where you are.All my cars are tinted, and here in Canada, I use my rear defrost A LOT. Every day actually. I have not had any problems with the tint.Next, I like having the door beep when I lock my car. That way I don't have to look back when I walk away and press the lock button. Lastly, I always drive with my doors unlocked. I HATE those cars that automatically lock the doors when starting to drive. I always say that if I'm ever in an accident and I get knocked out in the process, I want my doors unlocked so that they can get me out of the vehicle, especially if it catches fire. Food for thought.

jackspat2

Buzzman wrote: Lastly, I always drive with my doors unlocked. I HATE those cars that automatically lock the doors when starting to drive. I always say that if I'm ever in an accident and I get knocked out in the process, I want my doors unlocked so that they can get me out of the vehicle, especially if it catches fire. Food for thought.
Something to think about. Thanks.

jackspat2

BlackNWhite wrote:Lol, I don't know about making it go 'chirp chirp'... but you can make it so the horn doesn't sound at all and only your lights flash. You need to be near your car with the key fob and press the lock and unlock together at the same time for about 5 seconds... and that should do it.
Thanks. It would be cool to make a faq with all these "cute" little features. It's the little things that count sometimes.

niztec
Car: 2008 AlTIMA COUPE

some tint shops have lifetime warranty on their tint, so if it ever peels or what not, you can get yourself a new one....

but that only works if the shop is still in business...

D-Roll
Car: 08 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe

Congrats!

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

This is only my 2nd car.. but i had tint on my mustang for 6 yrs before it got broken into (back windshild).. and i use the defroster all the time... never saw a bubble..

Autoconcept
Car: 2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL, 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL, 2017 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum

Congrats on your new ride. I wanted Black at first because it looks awesome on the Alty, but just too hot in Atlanta.

As to the auto climate control, whenever you turn it on, it will always kick on the A/C regardless of the outside temp, and it's up to you to manually turn it off. It will decide which vents it blows out of and how fast. It will also automatically adjust the amount of cold and hot air or a mix of both to come out.

jackspat2

I got my car tinted and it looks awesome. Still less than a thousand miles on the beast. Now I'm waiting until my HIDs come. I ordered 5000k Mccullochs. I put 32% on the front and 22% on the back. Its the perfect tint IMO. Its not too dark that cops will give me crap and it's not so light that I hate it. The first picture with the sun right on it makes it look very light, but from any angle its dark. Very happy with it

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”