My new 2021 Nissan Altima SR VC-Turbo

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
TalonJH
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35x

My local Nissan dealership(Jeff Wyler Nissan) had been asking me to come down and check out their lot and honestly, I told them I wasn’t interested in anything but AWD and RWD sedans(coming from my G35x). I figured I may find something in their used vehicles but there wasn’t anything really interesting. I noticed a Nissan Altima SR and realized there was a turbocharged version(I guess I just hadn’t been paying much attention to newer cars that I thought were outside what I was looking for).

I asked them to test drive it and really enjoyed it. A long of cool features and a fun drive. I left because I had I had to be somewhere but texted them to say I was interested in what it would take to get into one. I didn’t think I would actually be buying one but it left an impression on me. They contacted me back later saying they could make it work. I told them I don’t have the down payment yet but they told me to just come in and they would work it out.

I’m loving it so far. I’ve had it a little over a week. I’ve been mostly babying it during the break-in period that no one really ever does but it helps me feel better about reliability. I also purchased the extended warranty but we’ll see how that goes. Some dealers try to cancel warranties for the smallest things.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

It looks hot!
That blue fits the body lines well IMO.

Its wise of you to follow to break in procedures too.
Do you regret not getting AWD as a tradeoff for the extra power?

TalonJH

PalmerWMD wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:12 pm
It looks hot!
That blue fits the body lines well IMO.

Its wise of you to follow to break in procedures too.
Do you regret not getting AWD as a tradeoff for the extra power?
Honestly it’s been fine but I’m sure I’ll start thinking about AWD again next winter. We don’t get a lot of snow but it’s nice for those times when you get a surprise dump of it like this year and I’ve storms.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Well the extra power you will be able to enjoy 95% of the year unlike the AWD :D

D1dad
Car: 2021 Nissan Altima SR
2018 Nissan Rogue Midnight
2009 Nissan Altima SL

Lol. I literally just bought the same car yesterday, same color, except I went with the 2.5. Sr premium edition. Awd is really no interest to me since I probably won’t drive it in the winter. I’m at 110 miles right now, gonna baby it for the first 1200 then dump the factory fill. I’ll probably change it after that at 5k then every 5k after. I noticed nissans now saying 10k on oil changes but given my driving habits I feel better doing it every 5000. Does yours have the orange stitching on the seats and dash? My wife has a 2018 rogue midnight and I kept my 2009 Altima sl for my soon to be 16 yr old son. Prior to that I drove an 03 2.5 into the ground, actually a deer. I somehow avoided all the pre cats issues and it was totaled at 176k not using a drop of oil. Probably the best car I ever owned, hands down.

TalonJH

D1dad wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:06 am
Lol. I literally just bought the same car yesterday, same color, except I went with the 2.5. Sr premium edition. Awd is really no interest to me since I probably won’t drive it in the winter. I’m at 110 miles right now, gonna baby it for the first 1200 then dump the factory fill. I’ll probably change it after that at 5k then every 5k after. I noticed nissans now saying 10k on oil changes but given my driving habits I feel better doing it every 5000. Does yours have the orange stitching on the seats and dash? My wife has a 2018 rogue midnight and I kept my 2009 Altima sl for my soon to be 16 yr old son. Prior to that I drove an 03 2.5 into the ground, actually a deer. I somehow avoided all the pre cats issues and it was totaled at 176k not using a drop of oil. Probably the best car I ever owned, hands down.
Yeah, I 'm going to change my oil after the break-in period at 1200.Recently hit 500miles. Planning for every 5,000 after that.

Yup, the orange stitching is in all the SRs that I know of.

OOOF, I lost a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX to a deer when I was younger.

D1dad
Car: 2021 Nissan Altima SR
2018 Nissan Rogue Midnight
2009 Nissan Altima SL

The blue is amazing and instantly drew me across the lot. I washed it and used Turtle wax ice on it today. The dealer did a crap job of prepping it. The cars almost to pretty to drive. I’m actually waiting for the day I can stretch it’s legs and see what it can do. Although with my wife’s rogue we took it easy as far as mashing the pedal but took a couple 3 hr plus drives. 40k later and the car doesn’t act any different then new, but I did change the oil at 1200 miles. Pre covid I wound up in quite a few rentals across the country that were new and I never gave it a second thought.

Return to “6th Generation Altima Sedan (2019+)”