My new 2004 G35 sedan

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
don85259
Car: computer games, fast cars, etc.

Last image shows the stock factory 17" rims which I replaced with 17" aftermarket chromes on Saturday. I took delivery of the G-ship on Friday. :)

I am looking at aftermarket goodies, such as intake and exhaust upgrades. If I can get it up to 300 hp with no supercharging (will void the warranty and since the car is leased, I must be judicious in my approach), I will be has happy as a pig in $hit.

:)

--don

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Hey Don, nice looking sedan. Those chrome wheels look really nice on that car. And Welcome aboard Nico. I think you'll find a lot of useful info. I suggest checking out BRM for an exhaust and other mods. AZHitman, one of our Admins, works for BRM and can hook you up with some great deals on some real nice equipment.

Ryan

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Don,

Looks great!I am still getting used to you as a G driver instead of a Q45 driver!

Enjoy and be sure to post those to our members ride section.

Fred....:)

Phax
Car: Control dynamics

Too much rubber, almost too much wheel gap. How come you decided to go with 17's instead of 18's, or maybe even 19's? What tire size are you running?

Even though I don't like the wheels, that's still a tight ride. I really like the color, good choice!

PalmerWMD

I dont see a need for 18's and 19's at all.

Fred...:)

don85259

Phax wrote:Too much rubber, almost too much wheel gap. How come you decided to go with 17's instead of 18's, or maybe even 19's? What tire size are you running?

Even though I don't like the wheels, that's still a tight ride. I really like the color, good choice!

I am not a strong proponent of "bigger is better" when it comes to wheels. The car came with 17" rims. If I would have purchased 18" or larger chromes, I would have had to shell out more big bucks for tires as well. I wasn't interested in doing that. Also, most people forget that larger rims are heavier and reduce the acceleration speed of your vehicle. Having that much unsprung weight at the corners is not good. 17" rims are plenty large for me. By purchasing 17" chrome rims, I was able to put the factory rubber on the new rims and cut down on the costs, enough to where I can afford to buy an intake and exhaust system.

As for 19s, those are obscenely expensive and the rubber would have been a rip as well. No, I'm quite happy with these. Remember, I like a nicer ride as well. The G35 (especially with the sport package) handles much more stiffly than my last car (a Q45) so this is fine for me. Yes, those are the stock tires.

:)

--don

don85259

PalmerWMD wrote:Don,

Looks great!I am still getting used to you as a G driver instead of a Q45 driver!

Enjoy and be sure to post those to our members ride section.

Fred....:)

Thanks, all. :)

--don

*edit: Ignore the title. I figured it out. Let me get some better pics and I will slap them in*

1qckser
Car: my wife, daughter, q45T,G20T,SE-R

OK Don, how much for the stockers that you took off? those might look good on my Q.:D

Phax
Car: Control dynamics

I guess that I'm too ghetto for my own good. Although the G35 is marketted as a sporty sedan, I see it is a cruiser. Something that needs tinted windows, big bass speakers in the back, wheels that fill the fender gap with the tightest little rubber band tires that you can wrap around them.

Of course as I've already said, I'm probably too ghetto for my own good. :pface

PalmerWMD

Phax:

Nothing about the marketing, its one of the sportiest new cars you can buy at any price.Better brakes than nearly anything else money can buy.

Fred...:)

don85259

1qckser wrote:OK Don, how much for the stockers that you took off? those might look good on my Q.:D

...so you will have to watch it and see where it goes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...%3AIT

I started the bidding low and the combat has already begun. :) To be honest with you, I didn't think people would be that interested in them.

To Phax:

I intend to actually drive the car a lot, and fast. I always believe in function over form, or practicality versus looks. I've had those skinny rubber tires over large chromes and ride quality definitely suffers. Homey don't play that. Heh.

--don

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”