My N320's Behaviour

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
matti

brunop, I was curious about switchin the whole dizzy, not just the cap. I was wondering about the cut on the dizzy teeth, how many teeth, Depth of the dizzy shaft ans if its adjustment plate will bolt up? Any ideas would be great.

Cheers

brunop

Hi all :) ;) :dude:  First matti, Why are you looking to replace the dizzy on your datto? Are you hot rodding / street rodding your datto. They are a good & long lasting dizzy with realy no faults apart from getting dizzy caps & points due to age. So why change something good for little or no inprovement Matti ....? l post a photo from my parts book to you matti & you will see for your self in a minute or two. Bruns

matti

Is that diagram a pic of a J series or E series? I was only looking at the change for parts reasons not performance. Cheers

IMH

[user=140]matti[/user] wrote: [quote]Is that diagram a pic of a J series or E series? I was only looking at the change for parts reasons not performance. Cheers[/quote]That would have to be a E series as the J series would have the spark plug and coil wires entering the top of the cap.

matti

My J series has the same looking cap. I was more interested in the drive. I wasn't sure if it was teeth like the A series or a key way?

cheers

IMH

I've had an E1, a J15, and my present J16.  They all had the key way type drive but the E1 I had was the only one of the three that had the distributor that is shown in burnop's post. 

brunop

Hi Folks,

Matti & IMH, the parts book (or as datsun calls it ''catalog'') l have is for the 1962 to 1963 N320 (Ute/Pickup), U320 (Double cab ute) & V320 (Van/ wagon). 1964  books have a different cover than the book l have, but still have mostly same part numbers & info with two pages different for the different grill & blinkers! This catalog l have is from a datsun dealership here in australia, so it's the proper book to my ute.

The dizzy on page (& posted on this site) in my parts book & is the same that is on my ute engine. Like everyone else who owns one of these vehicles, we have trouble getting parts for them. I've had this fun since 1997 to get parts & when someone walks to my ute & talks to me about the ute at shows & being cool or cute (girls). l forget about these troubles getting parts & just enjoy own it.

Matti l under stand why your question now. Sorry for that. No harm in looking for a way to fix the problem. The book don't say what engine mine is E or a J series & it's half in japanese too. Cruz on all. Bruns

Return to “Datsun Chat”