my m30 TT project

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
ttinfinitiM30
Car: infiniti M30

ok ok ok.... i posted a while ago with the idea of a TT engine in an M30, i got some crap from people with it being more of a pain in the a$$ then its worth but im followin throughwith it anyways and this is how its gon so far......i started a few months ago and have jus been picking at the car bit by bit. as it sits ive got the old motor out and the new motor has had a few attempts of making its way into the car. my first atempt of placing the motor in came to a stop rather quick cause the oil pan from the TT is much different from the stock engine. the sump for the TT is in the rear and the sump for old is in the front. so wat i had to do was make the old pan fit the TT. this involved enlarging the bolt holes in the pan to fit the other pattern. ill also have to add return lines to the oil pan from the turbos and the oil cooler. the second attempt of putting the engine in: the drivers side turbo is hitting the P/S rack and the motor mounts are too wide. i took out the steering rack so that id have nothing in my way for getting the engine mounted. the manual trany lines up well with the hole in the tunnel but i still need to get the shifter and linkage before i know for sure. the stock crossmember on the tranny can be used so at least thats taken care of. as i said ive been taking my time with this, but this weekend ill try to get the engine in its place so i can make motor mounts. somone told me a hockey puck works good as a mount so i may try to fit one in there if it works. one of the problems the body had was that the ABS pump and master cylder was leaking. brake fluid and paint do not mix. so while i have the engine out itll be a good time to touch up those areas this is all the progress for now ill return latter with more details

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”