MY KILLER 200 SUGGESTIONS ON MY MOTOR BUILD ANY IMPUT APPRICIATED

For discussion of front-drive SR20DE, SR20VE and SR20DET engines!
killer200
Car: 95 200sx ser-t

this is my 95 ser the ringlands went and is currently getting extream blow by and lots of smoke so is requiring me to build the block my question is my goal would be 500whp i believe its getting beetween 375-415 whp its getting 19lbs from a 60-1 70ar garret turbo and is running via aem ems on a stock lowport block i know stock compression is 9:5:1 what do you think as far as pistons rods to use and what type of compression and what else should be built on the block is 9:0:1 good or 8:5:1 better for my hp goals any info and ideas would be appriciated im a nissan fan and owned two 350z's 2 240sx's here are some pictures http://viewmorepics.myspace.co...79324

JeremyNissan
Car: 99 SEL SR20VE-T

killer200 wrote:this is my 95 ser the ringlands went and is currently getting extream blow by and lots of smoke so is requiring me to build the block my question is my goal would be 500whp i believe its getting beetween 375-415 whp its getting 19lbs from a 60-1 70ar garret turbo and is running via aem ems on a stock lowport block i know stock compression is 9:5:1 what do you think as far as pistons rods to use and what type of compression and what else should be built on the block is 9:0:1 good or 8:5:1 better for my hp goals any info and ideas would be appriciated im a nissan fan and owned two 350z's 2 240sx's here are some pictures http://viewmorepics.myspace.co...79324
You have the motor tear down ahead, why not go lower compression? You want a reliable setup? find a JE piston/eagle rod combo on ebay. You will get a nearly bulletproof piston design, and the eagle rods will handle 600whp. Why spend more than you have to? heck you could even use the stock DET pistons or VET piston but the ring design on the VET piston doesn't look to support high revs very well.

Just go with the JE/Eagle combo. can be had for cheap and will make very reliable power for a long time. If you can find a high silicone piston design that is lower compression I would say that would be best for longevity (because of piston/sidewall clearance), but strength is compromised.

Return to “SR20DE / SR20VE / SR20DET Forum (front drive)”