My KADET is on the fritz HELP!

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
johnep
Car: 95 240sx with s13 ka24det and enthalpy ecu.

I have all but exhausted the stickys and still not much progress.

What exactly i am running:
- 1992 ka24de with arias 8.8-1 pistons and coated bearings
- all new engine management sensors (only maf is new to me but checks out with volt meter .22v stopped, .7 idle and rises steadily)
- ct26 twin scroll turbo from mr2
- 3" aluminum charge tubing and the biggest fmic i could fit in there
- blow through maf set up on cold side with attached bov (no metered air can escape)
- 370cc sr injectors (all working great)
- more extra grounds than you can shack a stick at
- trunk mounted battery
- no name after market fpr (seems to work fine)
- new enthalpy ecu tuned for my setup (or at least its supposed to be)
- deleted egr and only metered vacuum lines are for bov, boost gauge, fpr, and breaks (none seem to leak with ether test)
- ngk iridium plugs and new ngk wires and cap
- twin exhaust cams (intake side set 3 teeth off and all timing checked half a million times)
- new stock fuel pump

what it is doing:

It starts right up most of the time and sounds fine, but within 5-10 seconds (when it revs down to idle) it just falls on its face and stalls. It can be kept running by repeatedly taping the gas, but you cant leave it alone for even long enough to run around and operate the throttle manually. It will stay running in safe mode (maf unpluged) or if i plug it in to my laptop (with maf pluged in as well) and set it as rich as it will go and advance the timing a few degrees, but even then it doesn't run well and makes no power. It shakes and backfires and misses and some times surges. If you can manage to get it over 3500 it smooths out and makes some power but it is damn hard to get it to rev that high even with the maf plugged in. watching the live data on my comp it seems to be pulling timing back to 0 randomly. my mind = boggled!

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

IACV still hooked up?

Make sure MAF and the tune are for the same MAF?

johnep

biggie wrote:IACV still hooked up?

Make sure MAF and the tune are for the same MAF?

Ya the iacv is still hooked up and recently cleaned/Seems to be working. As for the maf, I told Jason to tune for a stock maf but it's possible that he forgot and set it up for z32 maf. Would that make it lean out and pull timing?

johnep

update: I messed with the dist timing a bit more and got it to the point that it will idle perfectly and pull hard at WOT, But it still needs to be set full rich on the laptop (this can only be done wile the car is running and resets to default when you turn the ignition off). Also it still hesitates and sputters when under load (accept at WOT). I do have a minor exhaust leak at my turbo flange and i have my O2 sensor in my down pipe.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

That O2 not getting a good reading would definately cause problems. And do need to double check the tune.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”