My j30 interior needs some work

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
Sarcastik
Car: 1995 Infiniti J30 (SOLD)
2008 Infiniti G37s

I have a 95 J and although the leather is in really good shape some of the interior peices (plastic) are coming off. One of the seat backs won't stay in in place and in generally it just needs "some tightening up". Its like when a fat person gets in my car (not trying to be funny) I have to tell them to be careful and then I have to spend 10 or 15 minutes getting the lining and intior peices back where they should be. Perhaps not as bad as I am making out to be, but I love my car and I want it fixed. Does anyone know if I can take it to one of those autor upolstry places and get these issues worked out? How much should I pay?

DominickJ30
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30t

lol, I gotta say, that sometimes when people get in my car the side trim piece pops off, and its a pain to pop back in. Need new clips and some sort of adhesive.

NismoChi
Car: 94 J30

Hey, Jeffrey. Are you selling your car? I saw it on craigslist.I think your is one of best looking J i have seen.

Sarcastik
Car: 1995 Infiniti J30 (SOLD)
2008 Infiniti G37s

Hey hey hey! No using the "S" word around here!!! Lol. Naw, I am always considering selling it, but I always put the price high enough where I know if someone actually wanted to pay that much then I would probably have to let it go. The worst time was when I actually had this buyer all lined up and the day I was suppose to sign the title over I chickened out. I kinda want a new car in which case I would need to use the J as my down.

95-J30tt
Car: 95 Infiniti J30tt (Twin Turbo)

my driver side seat back "plastic cover in the back of the seat" came off once, but i got some good clamps and hooked it back up, and i havent seen a problem yet, i think that you need to replace the clamps with strong ones. i have a problem with the driver side seat, the leather is a little torn, does anyone know how much is it to get it replaced "the leather for both front seats......."

driverdriver
Car: NICO's longtime resident Canuck!!!

Take the car to any upholstry repair shop in your area. Have them look at it. They should be able to permanently fix it for a nominal fee.

Big Tone
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30

That seat back is a PITA to put back on once it's come off. I had that problem when I was installing my headrests. The problem is the pieces where it connects on the upper part of the seat back are plastic and break very easily. The are round like a washer and are plugged into a hole.

What I did was used a bolt/washer/2 screw combination to duplicate the setup. I put the washer onto the screw next to the head, placed one bolt onto the screw, leaving just enough room for the clip on the seat back to fit in, then I used the other bolt to secure it into the hole where the plastic piece was. Works like a charm!

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”