My help desk funny.

Forum dedicated to computer hardware and software, mobile phones and electronic gadgets.
Looneybomber
Car: 02 explorer sprt (grn)
10 G37S (white)

Background info:
My personal drive on the school's network was full. (limit 50MB) It didn't make any sense because when I right-clicked on all of my folders within my drive, I was using ~1.5MB, which is about right being that I've only been in class for less than 2mo.

So here's my ticket sent to the help desk.
> subject: user drive full
> category: account access
> room: 1005
> station: 4
> description:
> I'm currently using ~1.5MB of space out of 50MB available, but yet it's full and won't let me save anything to it.

Here's their reply.
Your disk usage assessment was a bit low. I found a file that traps errors from your x session that was 42gb in size. It was full of the text lines that read "Back to top level.". At any rate - I have started the process of deleting the file and you should be good to go soon.

Well, I think one of my infinite loops I accidentally created in Java sucked up all of my available memory...and then some.

"Your disk usage assessment was a bit low." It's been 5 minutes since I read that and I am still chuckling.

RCA

Hehe. That is pretty good. What exactly caused it? a 42GB text file? WTF?

I recently read an article on Reddit about a guy who's router was doing something wrong and was DLing 40GBs or data a day.

http://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/com ... ?context=3

Looneybomber
Car: 02 explorer sprt (grn)
10 G37S (white)

RCA wrote:Hehe. That is pretty good. What exactly caused it? a 42GB text file
No idea. I made a program with nested loops but messed up the logic on it causing an infinite loop. Not long after that my drive was locked. Days later, I have a huge text file somewhere, not in any of my visible folders.

Return to “Computers / Electronics”