My FX gripes :(

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Jim_A_B

We will probably be buying an FX35 around March, so we have test driven it several times. I HATE the way the entire dash (center stereo/A/C cluster included) in both FX's we drove shook about 1/4" of an inch up and down a couple of times when I slammed the glovebox shut. Notice I said "slammed". I slam ALL gloveboxes shut (which I think most people do as well) and have NEVER had the whole friggin dash shake. I though the first one we drove was defective, but NO, this is apparently common. I'd expect more in a Kia :(Moving on... the only other thing I don't like is the interior window sill. I like it when they put a wide ledge there for you to rest your arm on. The sills are too sloped with the windows up.

ARH1956

How many forums will this delightful post show up in? Still slamming I see.

Jim_A_B

Newbie, I posted this in the only 2 FX forums I can find, both of which are practically dead. What is to you, anyway? Do you think there is too much to talk about here? (please don't answer unless you have something RESPONSIVE and INFORMATIVE about my original post, otherwise you're just wasting space with your noise)

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Eaasy fellas.

Fred..:thumbup

ARH1956

Jim_A_B, Name calling, hmm. I see that you feel that you control my responding, well, NO. Slamming: gloveboxes, doors, taigates, hoods, etc is a novel concept. As a test parameter for choosing a vehicle it seems too narrow in focus & limited in revelation. Try a Sorento, it looks good & hey I hear their gloveboxes are to die for. The armrest on the FX works very well for me. If I lay my left arm on it my hand falls behind the door handle where it is very comfortable. It also works OK if I choose to drive with both hands on the wheel. Possibly my size & preferred seat location allow a better arm position. Have you actually driven an FX? If not I believe you'll be pleasantly surprised at how well everything works together. I'd suggest leaving your FX manual in that pesky glovebox anyhow, it's hardly big enough for anything else. Use the one located in the center console as it's bigger & easier to access. I have not tried slamming the center console yet, so cannot address that pressing issue. This is only a discussion forum not life & death issues. I'm not attempting to belittle, or attack you, it's just discussion. Have fun, life's too short to be bitter.

Jim_A_B

I have driven 2 FX's. BOTH had dashes that shook considerably when the glovebox was shut "normally". Maybe you gently press the door up until it softly clasps, but I don't. I flip it up with enough force that I know it will catch the first time. That amount of force causes the dash to shake. I consider that force "normal". I mention this because I have NEVER seen another vehicle's dash shake like the FX's under the same conditions. THIS, other than a minor nuisance, or GRIPE, does NOT inspire confidence in a newly designed vehicle. Did I SAY that the glovebox/dash issue was my sole criteria for choosing an automobile? Seriously! Your patronizing attitude will be your downfall ;)

Jim - enjoying the sunny life in the southeast :cool:

ARH1956

News of my impending downfall has been greatly overstated. Good luck in your quest for the perfect glovebox. I'd suggest you buy an FX to drive in your search as it is an extremely rewarding experience.

Jim_A_B

More NOISE from you, I see. Apparently, in your case, life isn't too short to waste your time leaving sacrastic and patronizing comments to a "discussion" in which you offer no useful input. Strange hobby indeed.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Well what do you know:Our first flaming thread in this forum.

The thread is therefore closed.

Fred..:rolleyes

Return to “Murano Forum”