My friends flipped their truck.

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
JESTER
Car: 2004 Chevy Colorado Bright a** red. 3.5 five cylinder

I have these two friends of mine that deliver furniture in one of those hugh box trucks (I mean big, with a built in sleeper).They deliver all over the eastern half of the country.

Anyway, my friend Wes packs it in and switches out driving with his partner D. Wes jumps in the sleeper when they get into New York yesterday and goes to sleep. He is awaken a few hours later by hearing D scream "Oh GOD!" The next thing he knows he is standing up, but he is still in the sleeper (as the truck is sliding on it's side). Of course he is in the back and can't see whats going on and just knows it ain't good.

After they finally come to a stop, he gets upfront and is trying to push D out the windshield. Wes was so shook up he didn't realize the windshield is still intake. Finally he figures this out and they climb out the driver's side window. They stand up and the police are already there. Apparently he was a few cars back.

Thankfully neither were hurt. Now as I listen to my friend tell me all this I try not to laugh. Wes is the only one crazy enough I know to ride with D anyway. He has wrecked like five cars or so and this wasn't the first vehicle he has flipped over. He flipped his RX7 over in a parking lot about three years ago.

Wes has decided to find another job and not ride with D, that is if he doesn't get fired. So, anyone need a job? You can be my friend D's partner. hehehehehe

skydragoness
Car: 03' 350z Touring 6spd
92' 240sx 60k survivor :)

how the hell do you flip a rex over in a parking lot?

anyhow, that's pretty freaky

Daunttless

Does he want a new Rex? I have one for sale. : )

JESTER

Thats a good question. I didn't even know D back then. But I am driving down the main drag one Saturday night and look over in a parking lot with an RX7 sitting on its top. I think to my self, "What a f@#$%ing idiot!"

Low and behold about a year ago we are talking about car crashes and he is telling me the story of the wrecked REX. I was like, "That was you? You dumb a$$."

JESTER

Dauntless, He probally does but I dont think he needs one. Maybe something along the lines of a 79 MonteCarlo. (A TANK!)

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Maybe he could use a moped.

I'm guessing he works for one of the large furniture manufactures in Hickory.

I'll look out for those trucks from now on.

Atom12
Car: Baggo, cars, and more recently home improvement...I need a job.

Maybe he should look into getting one of those police cars from "Judge Dread." The one that fills the cabin with foam packing every time a crash occurs.:blue<--every time he crashes he'll be as happy as this guy.

GodDrivesA240sx
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx

I was in the bed of a truck that flipped once, damn that sucked. Lovely road rash on my legs and a nice deep cut on my right temple and to top it off a broken wrist. It was a nissan truck too, which is probaly why I lived because the nissan god was like "oh no can't let a fellow nissan'er die!" and saved me...or something like that

:youwon haha these new smilies rock

JESTER

GodDrivesA240sx, Good thing the Gods were in a good mood. Wrecks suck.

Biggie, Actually they work for some place in Rockhill. D use to work there and moved up here and couldn't find work so he and Wes drive down and pick up a truck and head out. And, yes, they are nuts for driving all the way down there to drive a truck and bring home 400 a week. At least five days a week, driving 24 hours a day. one sleeps while the other drives. Or use to sleep while the other one drove. Wes said that he isn't working with D anymore and I figure they will fire D. We figured they would end up killing each other but this isn't what we were thinking.

Hey, McDonalds is hiring.

Dystopia

your friend shouldnt drive.

juazam_186
Car: Cars & Computers

Nothing good ever comes out of a wreck; UNLESS, you finally wise-up and learn how to drive attentively and correctly.No matter what anybody tells you about speed, you never really appreciate 'speed' until you're up-side down in your car and have no control over what you will or WON'T hit!I'm glad they survived to tell, and hopefully, laugh about it.God has been GOOD to both of them.:icesangel

JESTER

As he has to me. I have hit the pavement three times on my motorcycle.

Yeah, they got back in town this morning. They are a tad sore but not worse off. We have already told D to forget drivng us any where. He can ride but he ain't driving! LOL

Return to “General Chat”