my first ka24de-t build

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
ka-tfuture
Car: 240sxka-t
98 astrolol

hey everyone on Nico I'm a noob to this site and to the 240 scene. i have started my build officially i have purchased a ka24de block bored .020 over and the girdle. i no its not much but i need some motivation to start. i have read about 50 posts on here and on different sites about what all i need. i do and dont have a budget. i would like to be completely finished with my build by next spring. i have about 1000 dollars to spend a month. i need to know the best brand for parts to buy, so i dont have any big issues, I'm looking to make at least 400whp. i also need to know the stock measurements for the main journals and the deck height, so i can get the right bearings and hg. Also how much power can the stock tranny hold. i want a fully built motor. i want to build it right the first time with out mistakes. also what partws are ok for me to buy on ebay.

also if anyone lives near columbus, ohio and has extra parts i can use just let me know im down to by them from you.

thanks for any help.

neverlift

read the stickies...
welcome to nico

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

There are a couple of good stickies at the top of the forum you should read through. Lots of good info.

As far as parts go, almost all of the aftermarket rods and pistons are decent. One of the more common combo's would be Eagle rods (cheap and good) and a lower compression piston like Ross. You shouldn't worry about bearing sizes etc unless you're overboring those as well. Any place that sells them for the KA will have the correct ones. The measurements are in the FSM, which is in one of those stickies, I believe the FAQ.

There are tons of choices when it comes to turbo selection and tuning methods. The main obstacle being cost. Before you go buying any turbo items, run them by us first. There are some pretty shady EBay items you'll want to stay away from.

Welcome to Nico :dblthumb:

WD

ka-tfuture
98 astrolol

Here is a run down of some parts I'm lookin to buy
Aem standalone
Supertech 8.idk:1 pistons
Bc rods
Bc stage 3 cams
Bc complete valve train
Aem cdi
Exedy clutch

I'm still looking for all the other parts.
What fmic would be good to handle that much power
As turbo goes I'm lookin at a garrett but want a size that's good for spoolin up fast but can handle the power. Let me no wut u think on the parts list so far ill update it when I find more parts

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

I'd avoid Supertech, there have been issues with their pistons snapping at the wrist pin. To many other great choices to roll the dice with Supertech. Just my .02.

JE, Wiseco and CP and known good choices.

Some good combo deals can be had on EBay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=ka24de+pistons

I also prefer SPEC for the clutch and flywheel.

WD

ka-tfuture
98 astrolol

ok thanks ill prob go with cp's and which stage clutch would i need, i cant find what they can hold

ka-tfuture
98 astrolol

actually i found those ross pistons you where talkin about and they are 8.5 unlike everyone else being 9:1. and how good are the isis fmics. thanks for the help so far

neverlift

if you are gonna run high boost you should really just do the 8.5:1, if I ever go forged thats my plan.. It will allow you to run more boost safer on pump gas.

spend a good chunk on the tune!

the isis is fine, it like every other ebay IC.. I have a31x12x3 from ebay, works/looks great.

ka-tfuture
98 astrolol

Yea I found those ross pistons that r 8.5:1 that are a good price, and the aem standalone will let me tune everything perfectly. And I still don't know what turbo I want. My plan now is to completely tuck everything with the chasebay products and I have heard very good things about them. So it will probly take me thru next summer but that's fine. It will be what I want and with the best options, and clean which I haven't seen around me yet.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”