My first Infiniti...

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Tobiascolins
Car: 2007 Infiniti m35x

Hello all! Well, today (4-11-2020) I bought a 2007 Infiniti M35x. I've loved Toyotas but I'm really impressed with this car. It's 13 years old and has only 72,000 miles. It's black and has the "orange" leather interior. Does anyone know what the actual name of that color is?

Anyway, everything is in real nice shape except for a tear in the leather on the left side of the driver seat. I'm considering getting a repair kit. Has anyone used one of those kits? I've watched videos and it seems pretty simple and seems to work real well. I'm also wondering why the latest navigation disc that is available from Nissan is from 2015. Why do they not put one out every year? Just curious. I almost bought the one from the Infiniti site for something like $80. but then I checked eBay and a guy had one in there for $8.99! So I grabbed it. The one I have now is from 2006. So I guess 2015 will be better. I just wish there was a newer one. Maybe they're phasing the discs out?

Anyway, that's all for now. I've seen a ton of good reviews on these vehicles. I'm hoping it's a good experience for me as well. Especially since it only has 72,000 miles. If anyone has any suggestions in regards to maintenance feel free to let me know. I did see that higher octane fuel is recommended so I filled it 93. I'm looking forward to driving this thing everyday! Adios for now!
Last edited by Rogue One on Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct Forum

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICO!

I've moved your topic to the M35 forum. The members that are most familiar with your car may be able to answer your questions.

As for the maps, I do know that Nissan/Infiniti has discontinued map updates for older vehicles. They claim that there is some technical problem preventing updates, so basically Infiniti doesn't want to spend any time or money to fix it.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Welcome . I noticed this in the Gen Chat section. I believe the orangish color is called "Bourbon." Those M's are very nice. I've only ever used a seat repair kit on very small tears on a 1960's car I had with vinyl seats. Their effectiveness are dependent on the severity and location of the tear. If it's in a stressed area, the repair will probably end up being both visible and temporary. I happen to live near a shop that specializes in auto upholstery repairs/replacements. I'm sure there are shops like that near you that can give you a quote. If money is tight, you might go with inexpensive seat covers until you have enough set aside to get done correctly. As far as car based Nav systems, I've recommended to friends to save their money on buying updates on their car''s GPS. and instead use the GPS features on your cell phone that not only work as well, but automatically update free. That M should give you good service. My suggestion is to not skimp on the maintenance schedule or manufacturer recommendations. For example, if Infiniti recommends 93 octane, that's what you should use, not 87 which is cheaper. Enjoy!

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Yes, that interior is called 'Bourbon' and it was quite rare for the Y50 platform. I also agree that I wouldn't trust those repair kits unless it was a tiny spot. Better to get it done properly.

If you want to get really fancy and modernize your car, I recommend a GROM Audio VLine VL2 unit. I believe they make them for your years. It gives you full Android Auto, Waze, Google Play, Spotify, YouTube Music, whatever in your car...right in your OEM dash. I've been running one on my '11 M56x for a bit over a year and best $600 I've spent in ages. Navigation discs for my car were like $120/yr so if you think about it, over the course of me owning the car for 5 years, it's paid for itself. Plus, Waze has saved me a couple of tickets lol.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Welcome.
The most valuable tip I an offer is to change all fluids to give you a starting point for your ownership. No need to do them all at once. Just do them gradually as your budget allows. Also, remember the although your mileage is very low, the car and all of it's parts are now 14 years old. This car will truly last indefinitely if it is pampered and maintained. Set aside what you can each month for repairs. Some maintenance and repairs can be done yourself. There is a section for FAQ and a search engine to look up specific items you may info about.

Tobiascolins

Thanks everyone for your responses and input. I definitely plan on keeping a regular maintenance schedule. And yes I've seen the Grom setup. I may do that. I also want to look into a replacement system. Maybe those are a lot more, I don't know. As far as the interior I've found someone who has a whole interior he said he'd sell me for $500. I don't think I can go wrong there. Now that I'm thinking about it, I e got to check if there's a parts forum here. Anyway, thanks everyone!

kmiles
Car: 2015 Q70 3.7 AWD - Hermosa Blue
Sold - 2007 M35x

If interested - I pulled a USA Spec system from my M35x prior to selling it. I have both the Bluetooth one - BT45-NIS (for both Infiniti and Nissan) and the iPod Interface that is wired - PA15-INFI. Both are complete and unmodified with all of the needed cables. The one for the iPod has the cable with the old iPod interface (30 pin). I tried the Bluetooth one for a couple of weeks, but it didn't work for my needs. PM me if you're interested.

Tobiascolins

I'll have to look the Bluetooth system up. I'm not familiar with any of that. I definitely don't need the one that is set up for iPhone. I have Android. I'm also not sure how to pm.

Tobiascolins

Ok kmiles I did a quick search. I see what that is. Sounds interesting. I'll have to do some more research.

Tobiascolins

kmiles wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:00 pm
If interested - I pulled a USA Spec system from my M35x prior to selling it. I have both the Bluetooth one - BT45-NIS (for both Infiniti and Nissan) and the iPod Interface that is wired - PA15-INFI. Both are complete and unmodified with all of the needed cables. The one for the iPod has the cable with the old iPod interface (30 pin). I tried the Bluetooth one for a couple of weeks, but it didn't work for my needs. PM me if you're interested.

I don't see anywhere that says pm. Apparently I'm missing something. What do you want for the BT45-NIS?

Tobiascolins

So I'm trying to research these units. According to their site the only one that is compatible with my vehicle is the BT45-INFI. Let me know if you know any different.

Tobiascolins

So I'm thinking that the model you have is an older one? It's not on their site at all. Here's a link showing it.

https://www.usaspec.com/p-317-bt45-nis.aspx

So it worked with your M35? Did it have navigation?

Tobiascolins

And I see people saying that the car has to have the XM option.

kmiles
Sold - 2007 M35x

Mine had both navigation and Sirius XM. It actually worked just fine, I bought it primarily for Bluetooth for music. I still used the car's Bluetooth for phone. In order for it to work at Bluetooth for both phone and music, you need to install their microphone, or tap into the built-in Infiniti microphone. It only took me about 15 minutes to install the Bt45-NIS since the cable from the satellite receiver to the console area is the most complex part of the install and the cable is identical for the BT45-NIS and for the PA15-INFI iPod interface. In comparing the audio quality for music, the wired iPod sounded better than same music over Bluetooth, so after using it for a couple of weeks, I switched back My scenario is fairly specific and probably not similar to many others who prefer Bluetooth for multiple music sources from their smartphone.

Tobiascolins

Ok so since I don't have an XM or Sat. Button, I probably can't use this, correct?

Tobiascolins

Ok, so today as I was leaving work, I hit the source button on the steering wheel and I just happened to see XM Radio pass by. So I found it again and it shows the number to get it set up. I didn't realize that was there lol. There's no button on the dash that indicates that XM is there for an option. So, if that BT45-NIS is compatible with my 2007 M35x, I may consider it. Let me know what you want for it.

kmiles
Sold - 2007 M35x

I sent a PM with the information.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”