MY first G37

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
big blue oval
Car: 2009 G37

Hey guys...Newbie here...I am leaving the BMW world! I am test driving a 2008 G37S with 121,000 miles on it. I took it to a friends garage and had it scannced. The only alarming code was "incorrect 2nd gear". Does this mean the trans is slipping? I don't mind working on my car. I really like this particular car. Does this mean it is going to need a new Trans soon? or does it mean its just slipping a little. How much would a new trans be? I could do the installation Im trying to decide if this is serious enough to not buy the car or just negotiate the price down and be prepared to replace the trans later....any thoughts?'

Thanks in advance.

Robbie

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

Welcome to NICO, Robbie.

I'm not all too well versed in the G, but can offer an option for you.
Here at NICO, we have Factory Service Manuals available free to members. Take a peek at the link in my signature and find the FSM for your car and you'll have all the info you'll ever need to make the repair and try to diagnose it for yourself- or in this case, potentially save you some major cash!

Hows it driving? Does it make a bad 1-2, 2-3 or 3-2, or 2-1 shift under partial and full throttle?

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”