my first drifts.

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
leohj
Car: Basketball, S13, S14,S15

1. do it when the pavement is wet 2. find a wid turn corner.. brake just a little3. once u hit the corner.. floor the accelerator 4. counterstreer

be sure not to hit the sidewalls hahaha

i tried doing this with the tacoma, and believe me it wasn't pretty

hahaha!! :help

if ur a hardcore drifter fan.. get the drift bible lol :thinker

:ylsuper

i got one for myself.. it's in japanese.. but they dub'd it so keichi speaks english in this dvd hahaha :D

nab911

e-brake in the dry will tear your tires up faster. it wears bald spots because it drags just one spot on it.

scruffy63
Car: my nissan 240sx

not really i only use the ebrake to start the drift. i don't hold it at all. I just lift it straight up then all the way down. if your going fast enough your weight will carry you through the drift.

ultra_blue

its friggen very difficult to feint on a open diff'd ka24e.... dood if you e-brake and slide, keep e-braking and sliding!

BuudWeizErr

long slide into a turn...

the ultimate flat spot creator! but it looks so awesome.

Megaseth
Car: 2002 Pathfinder SE

good luck with your warped rotors scruffy.

scruffy63

ok guys I do not hold my e-brake at all I don't have any flat spots. I do not use the e-brake to sustain my drifts just to start it.I only do this b/c, just like ultra_blue said, it's very hard to feint with an open differential.I'm getting a little better though. also my rotors are not warped nor will they ever be. my drift speeds are not nearly high enough to warp them. I am a beginner so I'm still drifting slowly. I love drifting in tiny parking lots with islands. I can go slow and learn control and I haven't come close to hitting a curb drifting yet.

Megaseth

the ebrake uses the rotors, not like the 300zx brakes which have an internal drum setup. if they're hot, and you pull the brake, they will warp, its only a matter of time. and if you're still using the stock rotors, then its only a matter of short time.

scruffy63

well wether they get warped or not on my next brake change I need rotors anyway.I'm not saying I should abuse them but why not have a little fun.

BuudWeizErr

thats funny, i know people who long slide all the time to initiate drifts and don't have problems.

and even if they did, rear rotors arent' that expensive. and on top of that, you should be prepared to buy new rotors if you want to drift.

Megaseth

thats why i dont drift, its just not worth it :)

MainEvent212

gah, it is NOT hard to feint drift w/ an open diff, just dont suck!

Florida240sx
Car: 93 Hatch 5spd
2012 altima coupe 2.5s

It's easy to drift. I mean as for a real drift it's yes harder. But as for your basic simple slide it's just a car and driver factor. This car even stock has plenty of power and handling to drift with ease. Not many places here that are good for logn drifts but luckily a new walmart opened up leaving a nice empty parking lot. Not to mention movie theater parking lots. If you can find a nice tight S-Curve practice there. Usually it's surrounded by houses. So do it late at night every other day or middle of the day when no1's home. I knew the curve so well I made my car do a perfect 360 going in at 45 and coming out at 35. The sand sticks to your tires very well after doing this. Practice on backroads to get the feel of your car to know what it can and can't do. Only way to be a drifter is practice just don't be stupid while practicing like trying to get as close to the curb on your first try.(Friend in his probe did this) Actually that was tray sliding with FWD cars. Make use of those fast food trays.Old parking lots+best practice but also increased risk especially after constant use. If your drifting and get into a paqniac that when things go wrong. Main key is staying calm and letting your car do what it can do. Keep your wills pointed where you want to go and everyhting is all good while showing off and pissing off neighbors you call the cops on you.(Don't drift by people who know your car.)

w1ngzer0
Car: Pfft. i don't own a box

thats the drift king ..... I never knew lol

scruffy63

Florida240sx wrote:................Only way to be a drifter is practice just don't be stupid while practicing like trying to get as close to the curb on your first try........................

lol thats funny. I've actually drifted around my friends while he was video taping me.I will have it posted as soon as he figures out how to get it on his cpu.

Florida240sx
Car: 93 Hatch 5spd
2012 altima coupe 2.5s

When I started to drift I would get as close to the curb or whatever. I've been able to handle my car fine...it's my friends that suck...oh did i mention that these two "drifters" just blew up their engines. Reason why: There's a REDline n a car for a reason..also it helps to check your oil level. One of my idiots friends ried drifting with his dad's mustang(V6) two days l8r he has a blowout leaving his house and doesn't realise it till he gets to his g/f's house(8miles away). I don't see why people have such a hard time drifitng just slide slide slide.

C-Boogie
Car: '00 Altima, '92 S13

dori dori doriftu

skydragoness
Car: 03' 350z Touring 6spd
92' 240sx 60k survivor :)

Toms240420 wrote:yeah if you also start out on wet pavement you cant really get a feel for the car without too much speed. when it rains im like the dukes of hazzard. i just dont have money to burn up in tires, but its like crack, you just cant stop.

The easiest way for you to lose control when your'e on public roads is when it rains, so its good to teach yourself how to recover from an incident in a parking lot (preferably one with small cement islands--so you have obstacles to avoid). Just don't get caught by the cops! And go slow enough so you can handle it better. I can't go to deserted parking lots anymore because my car's catback is WAY too loud. :D

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”