My first Auto-X!!!!!

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
x240xdrifter
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx

hi my name is will and I have been very eager to do auto-x since I've been into cars and I finally got my first chance to do it in Monroe Michigan, and holy crap it was exciting, it was raining off and on so that made it interesting and the cars there was such wide variety, it was like a uber sick car show. the course was pretty fun, very technical and not alot of straightaways. so anyways I had a blast and it was my first time and I'm hooked!!!, my first run was a 38.7 then at the end I ran a 34.1. cars were running from 27 secs all the way to 45 sec. so I was wondering, how good did I do for my first time?

btw,

so enjoy!

and oh was that was chrome tape for my numberjdm tyte!

Alfador
Car: 1990 240sx Hatch

I've never ran on myself but you're definitely in the lower range so I'd say pretty good for a newb (look who's talking lol).

I've been thinking about going for a while but none of my friends are free and it sucks going without a crew.

WI_S14_Goldie
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx SE, 91 240 fastback LE, 1997 kouki S14, DD = 93 Nissan Maxima

it depends what class you were in. In autocrossing u dont compete with everyone. U compete with the class ur in...But congrats man, its fun aint it?

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

[QUOTE=x240xdrifter]hi my name is will and I have been very eager to do auto-x since I've been into cars and I finally got my first chance to do it in Monroe Michigan, and holy crap it was exciting, it was raining off and on so that made it interesting and the cars there was such wide variety, it was like a uber sick car show. the course was pretty fun, very technical and not alot of straightaways. so anyways I had a blast and it was my first time and I'm hooked!!!, my first run was a 38.7 then at the end I ran a 34.1. cars were running from 27 secs all the way to 45 sec. so I was wondering, how good did I do for my first time?

In one word? Excellent. For a first timer, that's a dramatic improvement in times. .

x240xdrifter

why thank you, it really was a blast, I was working the track as flag man on the second set and got to see what a camero looks like when its spinning out up close. crazy fun

adrianfromthecastle
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

looks like you had fun dude... whats your suspension set-up?

x240xdrifter

due to fiscal responsiblities i.e. college they are just tein s-techs on 91 struts whoopie doo right?! haha I know lame

ppd_sileighty

i cant wait till i start autox it looks so fun

x240xdrifter

omg it really is a blast, its such a rush, don't be afraid to push it too. and my only advice is ask a ton of questions!!!! I can't stress that enough as well as walk the course many times...infact do both at the same time, me and my friend running in the comp walked with a few vet's...they gave us alot of tips and tricks, great learning experince, and everyone and I mean everyone is very friendly and fun to talk to, don't be afriad to get in the pits and talk to fellow racers, i did and I learned sooo much info its great, this winter I should be getting my sr and fixing her up real nice, so the spring season should be a BLAST!!!!

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

x240xdrifter wrote:omg it really is a blast, its such a rush, don't be afraid to push it too. and my only advice is ask a ton of questions!!!! I can't stress that enough as well as walk the course many times...infact do both at the same time, me and my friend running in the comp walked with a few vet's...they gave us alot of tips and tricks, great learning experince, and everyone and I mean everyone is very friendly and fun to talk to, don't be afriad to get in the pits and talk to fellow racers, i did and I learned sooo much info its great, this winter I should be getting my sr and fixing her up real nice, so the spring season should be a BLAST!!!!
Well said. you'd be surprised how much you learn doing autocross. It's as fun as it looks.

x240xdrifter

can't wait for the start of spring to do it, and to get the CA swapped in

nismoautoxr
Car: 95 S14

Good job man ...anytime you can be inside of 10 seconds of FTD you're definitely doing good.

Ricky--

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”