My first 320 story...

1962-1965 Datsun L320 and NL320 forums - The truck that started it all in the US. All 320-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
RacnJsn95

I just got my 65 320 last week. It didn't run when I got it, so after some fiddling around (and hotwiring it because I have no keys), I opened up the point gap, it fired right up, and ran great. I was a little excitied and I wanted to drive it around the front of the garage from where it was parked. So I put it in gear, and drove it towards the shop going to pull up behind my Dad's Powerstroke... Well it's about this time that I step on the brakes, and remember that there are none... Looking for the E-brake in a panic I forget that it is on the drivers side. The choices that I had were... A) hit the Ford. B) hit the flat bed. I choose the flatbed. There would have been a lot more damage to the 320 if I hit the Ford, and Dad would have been pissed at that... I feel like a complete dumb a**, but I know it could have been a lot worse.. There is NO damage to the flatbed. Here's the damage to the 320...

Now I have a nifty crease in the hood, pass side fender, and headlight ring (the grille is ok, thank god!)

Pac. coast Datsun

[font="georgia"]Rcnjsn welcome to this site. I read what happened over at NWDE & I guess it could be worse. Good luck on the electrical issues too, i went through a few with mine so let me know if you need help.:cool:
[/font]

Return to “Datsun 320”