my fawking tokico blew (i think)

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
UncleBen
Car: '05 G35 Sedan Sport, '98 240sx LE auto, '95 240sx SE auto,

i'm pretty sure my 5 or 5 1/2 month old tokico blue shock is blown. its the left rear. i bought all four corners brand new, and am using sportlines (which should NOT make this shock blow). when we were putting all this stuff on we noticed that the piston would depress pretty easily, compared to the others, but we didn't think anything about it. well, apparently we should have. its riding significantly lower on this corner now. but when i push on the car on that corner, it doesn't continuously bounce or anything, and the car still handles tight. i dont' know whats up. i think i should email/call tokico and b i t c h at them, and make them give me a new shock. paying that much money for something, i expect quality.

red240ne
Car: mmm...donuts

i don't know if they could do much unless you prove it's leaking. they'll make some dumb excuse about how you should have had a professional install it.

91nis240

im not sure exactly what is up but a blown strut will not make your car site lower, ride height is given from the spring (trust me ive had my share of blown struts). Also im not tryin to be a smart A, but when you noticed the one strut had a weaker dampening resistance you should have call back to where ever you bought the struts from before installing it, cause now they can place the blame on your wrong doing (although you may have done no wrong)

my 2 cizents!

UncleBen
Car: '05 G35 Sedan Sport, '98 240sx LE auto, '95 240sx SE auto,

yea i know i know 91nis240. i should have never installed it. but at the time, i had been waiting for the shocks to come for a really long time. so when i finally got them, i just said screw it, i want them on. so i put it on, blown already or not. i'm still gonna email or call tokico about it. and the guy that helped me is a professional pretty much anyway.

nofathoes
Car: my car

yea its your springs..

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

nofathoes, please be productive in your posts, he just got eibach springs, and tokico shocks should not blow with those springs. hell, eibachs should work with stock peices.

I say call tokico and ask them if you can get a new one, give them the name, etc of the place you got it from, and if they need it, ask for a RA or RGA number (trutn reference number) if you need to ship it back to them.-chet

91nis240

nofathoes: please, just please!

but ANYWAY yeh like exar-kun said, the best possible option is to contact tokico and see what can be done, but dont count on gettin a fresh new strut shipped to you free of cost. They will give you some excuse saying either it was not properly installed, you should of sent it back before installing etc...

but good luck man!

ninjak84
Car: S13, Z32, Titan

Tokico blue's are notorious for blowing out on our cars.I don't know why, but they are. I read so many comments all the time about how they blow.Just thought I'd comment.

R240NA

Sportlines are too low of a drop for Tokicos. In the warranty paperwork they highlight that one inch is the maximum recommended lowering. You can get away with Pro-Kits, but anything else is a risk. My Intrax have begun to take their toll on the Blues I'm running, during hard switchbacks they bottom out a little. You can try to get away with a claim, but you'll still eventually be right back where you are, unless you drive easier and avoid any kind of rough surface to take some of the stress off the struts.

i2ice4m3
Car: COUNTERSTRIKE!

How can somone tell that the struts are blown? Do visual clues always accompany blown struts? I heard you can remove the spring from the strut and compress the shaft to see if it will bounce back up.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”