My EX impressions.

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I spent some time with an EX today. Sadly I didn't get a chance to drive it, but I did get to play with the info center and get a feel for comfort and storage space.

In person, I think the EX is a beautiful car. For the most part, I can't stand car-based SUVs/Crossovers. They tend to be oddly shaped and just ugly. Infiniti has done a great job of keeping their crossovers attractive by sticking to more of a muscular wagon look. The EX looks like a small G wagon...only I think the EX is better looking than the G.

Interior wise, I was not disappointed. Materials are nice, the layout is attractive and functional, and it (mercifully) lacks the ambiguous button grid that plagues other Nissan and Infiniti dashes and makes doing anything while driving harder than it needs to be.

I'm 6'4" and had plenty of headroom and legroom (though I did have to slide the seat back quite a bit). Controls were all easily within reach, even with the seat way back. The shift lever and arm rest are absolutely perfect, right where my arm and hand want to go naturally.The EX felt longer and narrower than other small crossovers and G35 size cars I've been in. I prefer the EX's way, as it means there's more leg room for both front and rear passengers. People with opposite build of myself (I'm very lanky) might feel otherwise.The EX seemed to have more legroom than the last Lexus IS I sat in (I had to put the driver seat ALL the way back in the IS, which left literally no leg room for the seat behind me). I could sit behind myself in the EX; I might be slightly uncomfortable, but that's more than other similarly sized cars I've been in can claim.

Even though I like it's looks, I didn't expect to like the EX as much as I did. Kudos to Infiniti for building another sporty car with extra room rather than yet another a goofy, fat Lexus RX copycat.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”