My Engine is Dead...what should i do???

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
cRay

ok here is my situation

My 1.6l engine died earlier this month after I just finished purchasing the car. I have a 95 sentra automatic and I would like to know what would be my best course of action.Buy the same engine i have now and just replace it orBuy and SR20DE engine and upgrade

please leave benifits and fall backs on both if u will and also about how much it would cost to do this. I plan on doing this soon (within 2 weeks) so as much info is appreciated. I would do it myself but it is too cold now to learn.

also can I get a SR20DET and just add the turbo and intercooler in the summer.Thanks alotRay

NISTECH

welcome to nico ray. your SR20 choice would be your best choice if you are looking for mod ability. there is a huge amount of mod options for that engine compared to the 16. as far as cost that will depend on your source for parts and thier markups. what you spend is pretty much what you wanna do. can you put in the turbo engine with out a turbo I will have to leave that for others to answer because I am very unfamilier with that set up since it was never produced in the us. I typically work on as produced vehicles and dont screw with the modified stuff. they tend to shy away from dealerships so I dont have access to them.

do some searching on the boards for info, your engine choice is a very popular one around here. you could probably find more info on that engine than you would know what to do with.

Scott:D

cRay

Thanks for the reponse and the welcome.

How difficult would the SR20DE install be.I found a couple of Engines but where would you suggest buying an engine from.

Ray

NISTECH

I dont know your local market but you would need the ecm and engine harness to go with it. maybe someone local could help you with a source for the parts you need. there are several local members in your area. post a request for assistance in SR FWD forum see if someone there can give you an idea of who might have it in your area.

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

You're probably already done with this, but I figure I might as well add to stuff...

Putting a turbo engine in without the turbo... I don't think that will work... since the turbo is in the exhaust stream, not having it there would leave a gap. Also, the ECU would be programmed for a turbo engine, and thus the air/fuel mix would be off, you'd probably run insanely rich. Best advice, drop in an N/A SR or a SR20DET w/ the turbo on it, all working. It shouldn't be a big deal to have the turbo now... maybe a little more expensive for the moment, but other than that no problem. You also have to think about the tranny, if you're getting a manual (which I hope) with your new engine, there's going to be some work associated with that. Good luck!

edit: You're also going to want an LSD, which you can get from within the US, ESPECIALLY if you go the turbo route! I love my LSD, even with 130whp I still need it some...

tonynalli

what happend to the engine that is in the car.

i know that you said that it "died" but tell us what happend when it died......could easily be fixed

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”