My dealer is the exception

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I had the Q60 coupe in today for maintenance and the M35 in for a repair, brakemotive kit, and tires. The dealer picked up the Q60 at 8am. It was back by 11am and instead of them picking up the M35, I drove the tech back to the dealer with me so I could wait for it. Needless to say, all the work was top notch and I was home at 1:30pm. I like to dish the car dealers in general, but if I'm honest, I'm very lucky. Here is what I needed done and what they charged me.

My park brake light would not go out and was beeping at me nonstop. It even drove the tech crazy on the way to the shop! Turns out they are familiar with this symptom and the cure is almost always an entire new assembly well into the hundreds just for parts, then labor tacks on another $200 ! Turns out one of the sensors came loose and simply needed to be re-installed tightly. In true Infiniti design it still requires removal of the entire park brake assembly and reconnecting and re-adjusting the cables. For the removal, reconnection, readjustment, and reinstall, they charged me only $180. That's less than the labor charge alone without messing with the sensors.

I had 4 new tires mounted, balanced and installed for $139.00 - usually it's $49 per wheel X 4 wheels = $196.00. ( i supplied the tires)

They installed another brakemotive kit for the rear axle - pads, rotors, and ancillary parts for $202.00 (the labor for a rotor / pad change is $279.00 plus parts).

Mind you, none of this is a absolute bargain, but compared to regular dealership charges, it's great. Sure, I probably could have paid less at one of those corner shops that says they do everything. But I got Infiniti service and free fetch and return on the Misses car (and mine if I wanted) and saved about $190 off their usual bend over and go to your safe place prices.

kmiles
Car: 2015 Q70 3.7 AWD - Hermosa Blue
Sold - 2007 M35x

Larz - you do have an awesome dealership! I feel lucky, as mine in the Tacoma area is very good, too. Not only do they give me great deals on service, just as yours, they're willing to install parts purchased elsewhere. Most dealerships won't do this. Last year I bought the Infiniti Sport Exhaust and when I went to pick it up, the parts dept. manager said they would install it if I was interested. I said yes, and less than an hour later they had it installed and did a great job for a very reasonable price. Even better, they said that since they did it, it would fall under the vehicle warranty coverage.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I've been lucky as well. My dealerships service department is pretty good too (Lia Infiniti in Cohoes, NY).

zx2max
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35X

You guys are lucky. I took my M35 to the dealership in Newark, DE for the airbag recall plus some other recall and it was the worst experience I've ever had at a dealership. I will never bring my car to the dealership ever again. Thankfully I have this forum with so many talented and helpful people that I rarely need to go to a mechanic at all.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”