My cube is already scratched and chipped!!!!

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
cubekrom09
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube Krom Edition

So I was following some A$$hat in some other type of Nissan, and i wasn't following too close or anything like that, but i could hear something being thrown up at the front of my car for about 10-15 seconds... So i immediately notice specks in my windshield then in my whole front area when i got home.. I think that guy must have had snow tires on or something, because now my car has a bunch of micro chips in it everywhere..

Anyway, this happened a couple weeks ago and i am unsure what to do about it. I live in Virginia Beach so Snow tires are not at a normal thing around here.

The scratches are thankfully under the front bumper fairing area, so it isn't noticeable to anyone other than me, when i was it. And when they delivered the car to me the night i took it home, there were already swirl marks in the hood from where the dealer guy detailed it.. I am not having any luck with this kind of issue already. ARRRG!!

ESP
Car: 2008 SexyBlack A/C

What colour do you have? My coupe is black (KH1) and it's by far the worst paint I've ever had. It's single layer and chips if you look at it angrily...hahaha

cubekrom09

No sure of the color code... but the name is Super Black. Crap paint..

ESP

Yeah, that's the one. "Super Black" is turd-riffic...Best advice from me is to invest in some of that 3M clear protectant. It'll save you a helluva lot of headache with owning a car with that craptastic black paint.

cubekrom09

I'm already chipped up.... I waxed it heavy too!

cubekrom09

I think i hate people... Now I have a door ding on my drivers side rear door.... with accompanying paint rub off on the door too... Jesus!!!!! What is the deal!!!!?

KromCube
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube Krom

Whats all the hating on the Super Black??? I think its the best color on the Cube IMO. You just have to keep up with it. Whats crappy about it?

cubekrom09

It's just prone to chipping thats all... I just think its a bit too brittle... But I don't have any other nissans, and cant vouch for the veracity of other paints.. I'm not really hating on the color, I love the way it looks...

ESP

KromCube wrote:Whats all the hating on the Super Black??? I think its the best color on the Cube IMO. You just have to keep up with it. Whats crappy about it?
It's a cheap-a**, single layer paint. Why you would ever have a black paint job with only one layer is quite beyond me. Within about five months (about 8000kms), the front end of my car had more visible chips in it than my last car which was five years old and had 60,000+kms on the clock.

Don't get me wrong though...I think it looks GREAT in black. I just think Nissan did a s***ty job giving us such a poor quality paint.

When I get my cube, it's gonna be the yummy triple-layer white paint they use on the Murano and the 370Z!

TBrack
Car: none

I have the same paint on my Cube. Got a few chips but I haven't noticed anything that my poor driving habits didn't cause.

KromCube

Yeah thats true, I agree with the paint job itself being bad, but black is the best color on the Cube!

BrooklynZoo
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube S

Does anyone have this problem with the Caribbean Blue? Maybe I should invest in a bra or something?

KromCube

Clear vinyl is also good if you don't want a bra. But I don't know if it yellows or messes up the paint whe you peel it off.

OctoberKillz
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube 1.8S

Yeahh, I'm having the same problem! I'm from North Jersey and lately we have been driving around in heavy amounts of salt, so it kicks up and unfortunately leaving little specks and chips around the grill and bumper area. Any suggestions besides getting a car bra to fix the problem?

Return to “Cube Forum”