My car starts but nothing electrical works on the inside

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
shaded240
Car: Nissan 240sx ka24e 1990.

I bought and installed in a new battery for my 240sx KA24E it started just fine but what i noticed was that nothing electrical would work such as the radio, the indicators on the dash wont light up not even the tachometer wouldn't show the rpm, head lights wont turn on, left and right turn signals,stop lights,dome light,horn. I checked all the fuses they are fine, but now I am completely lost as to what might be the issue if someone could help me that would be great thank you :)

kouki monstarr
Car: 1998 240sx . 2006 civic ex

i would get your alternator checked out and if thats fine.. it has to be a fuse ( i dont remember which one it was off hand) that one fuse worked on all the things that your having a problem with

happened to me over winter

lion240sx
Car: 1998 Nissan 240sx s13

shaded240 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:23 am
I bought and installed in a new battery for my 240sx KA24E it started just fine but what i noticed was that nothing electrical would work such as the radio, the indicators on the dash wont light up not even the tachometer wouldn't show the rpm, head lights wont turn on, left and right turn signals,stop lights,dome light,horn. I checked all the fuses they are fine, but now I am completely lost as to what might be the issue if someone could help me that would be great thank you :)
i am having the same problem and would like to know if you where able to resolve the problem? please let me know

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

8 year old post.......

If problem started with the battery change then look hard at the work there.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”