My Car on Acura Forum!

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Rex
Car: None

Jesda wrote:The Legend will be forgotten, because it was designed to be ignored.
Jesda wrote:That's really sharp!
Which one is it?

Jesda

Rex wrote:Which one is it?
Keith, did you miss his bulk of body and wheel modifications?

His Legend looks completely different from the way Honda intended.

Jesda

Automotive design goes far beyond looks. Consider the ride and handling dynamics, luxuries, comforts, refinement, and the totality of the package.

The Acura Legend, in stock form, is forgettable -- that applies not only to its appeasing looks, but also to the way it drives. Nothing about it captures the senses or tells you that you're experiencing an artist's vision. And while the Legend may be forgettable, it is not in any way unattractive. I did like it enough to buy one, until the transmission died at 110k a day before I signed the papers to take it home (talk about luck).

Consider also the Buick Regal GS. I find it to be a highly attractive, quick, but completely unremarkable car. Two-tone paint, Joseph Aboud interior trim, and a supercharger fail at giving the car anything that resembles a personality. Like the Legend, it was by design created to be ignored while performing its duties admirably.

Its sometimes the little things that have to come together to make a car special. Creativity.

Rex
Car: None

Jesda wrote:Keith, did you miss his bulk of body and wheel modifications?

His Legend looks completely different from the way Honda intended.
No, I didn't . But keep in mind, most Q's look (too) understated with the el old Pie Pan's O. Here's a couple "standard" GS Type-II's

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Jesda wrote:
Consider also the Buick Regal GS. I find it to be a highly attractive, quick, but completely unremarkable car. Two-tone paint, Joseph Aboud interior trim, and a supercharger fail at giving the car anything that resembles a personality. Like the Legend, it was by design created to be ignored while performing its duties admirably.
Having driven the NA version for roughly a month, i can say, they are enjoyable cars to drive. But like you said, it's just a car... It does what you want it to do, but doesnt give any feedback...

Despite the cars Ive driven, whenever i hop back in the Q, i just feel like im at home.....

pito11213
Car: 2002 Chevrolet Suburban

To say that the Legend is forgettable is crazy. What year legend did you have. I drove a 94 with the type II and a 92 with the type I. Both were impressive especially in handling. Acceleration is beautiful also.

mrmark

To each his own....but until now, I've never heard anyone say the G2 KA8 Legend was "forgettable"...... or maybe I forgot they did

pito11213
Car: 2002 Chevrolet Suburban

No you didnt forget about it. It just wasnt said.

Acuraw Legend is a really nice ride.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”