My Build/Restoration Thread

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
NEOeclipse
Car: 1991 240sx fastback

Guess ill join in on the fun, this be my project car. I just registered to the site on 9-18-13. Sometimes i feel like im in over my head because of the rust on this thing, but i know i have to just take my time on it and ill do just fine. I have built s13's before so this is nothing new to me. The car was originally titled in New Jersey, its made a hell of a trip down here a few years ago and has not recieved the love it deserves. When i got it it had blown rear suspension, very minor amount of interior. Work has been real slow for me so i havent been able to get more parts for it to get it finished. Since i have got it i replaced the suspension all around with RS-R springs and KYB struts. Replaced the OEM doors with normal power doors. I replaced the doors cause i figured it will be easier to go this route then find good vert door panels and complete seat belt setups for it. Only interior the car came with was the pillar plastics and rear seat (top and bottom), and a realll bad dash. rest is missing. I plan on doing 5 lug conversion when i get the money and when i finish all body work i will paint it flat black with my air gun. And i think it is safe to say i need to get the top replaced cause it does have some ripping and the back window is nasty and tearing apart.

the person i got the car from had decided on painting the front end purple like that and i kinda like it so ill leave it probably
So time for a few pictures to show before and after and so forth...

taking her home

interior needs TLC

few days later before i did anything

the rear lights have been sprayed by someone to make them look completely red, which i dont like

...so i took acetone to them and woala

the rear suspension

now this is funny, guess someone decided to use lugnuts instead of the nuts on the suspension and they work for now till i get the nuts
that properly go there and then ill replace.

new suspension

much better height now

door swap in progress

the 350z 18 inch rims i will be using after 5 lug conversion is done

the rear window...car been sitting a few years i believe

still need door panels for the reg doors i put on and alot of interior

the worst rust on the vehicle, i will be removing the bumper and fixing all of that soon, then i will do full paint job

rattle can flat black to kinda make it one color for now and i got me a hood finally
still havent decided if im gonna use the sharknose or pignose bumper, i have both so ill decide eventually...
and this is current look of it :-/

And there ya have it, these are just some of the pictures of my work i have done so far to the car in the past few months. Work has been real slow for me so i dont have the extra cash to really get this done like i want to, i will update this thread with more as i continue my restoration. My end plan is going with a 1UZ-FE and 5 spd setup.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Welcome to NICO! That's a hell of a project you're undertaking. What the hell happened to that dash?

Can I ask why you want to paint it flat black in the Florida heat? I'm guessing you're planning on getting working A/C?

NEOeclipse
Car: 1991 240sx fastback

thanks for the welcome, glad to be here. The guy i got the car from drilled holes along those cracks and then used purple lace or string or something of that sort to make a criss cross pattern throughout the holes, kinda to make it look like a patch on it. anyways he removed all of the lace stuff before i got the car so that is what i was left that you see. I decided to go flat black because it is a cheap color, (rustoleum flat black), and easy to patch up if needed. The past few days i have thought about doing a two tone scheme of white and black. For now tho my choice is flat black and hell yeah i will have full working A/C. i dont plan on making this a drift car so she deserves to be pampered.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Hahah gotcha. I have a black 240 I'm switching over to white soon. The AC doesn't work of course.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”