My Blackstone Oil Analysis on my 09 Rogue.

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

The first test was my oil that stayed in the pan for over a year in a half. I started to lower my oci to see if I can improve my results. Personally I believed that my high iron & silicon is from the long oci of not changing it frequently. My ocd did freak me out for a hot second, and I googled stuff about it. :rotfl

So I'm collecting all of that iron/silicon stuff from months of holding the oil so long, so I was not too worried. I had Amsoil SS, a reputable synthetic!

Lastly, I only had 4.5qts of amsoil SS in that last oil change, so to fill the rest, I went and dumped 1.5 qts of 5w-30 synthetic castrol edge to get to the full line. All I had. That amsoil guy on youtube said castrol got good reviews by his subscribers and he placed it second to amsoil this or last year for top 3.

Anyways, of course I'm not going to dump amsoil SS after 4000 miles, so I'm now buying whatever is on sale and continue this oci sweetspot. Even though I got a great result, I can't be buying the most expensive stuff to dump at 3785 miles which is appropriate for my severe schedule actually. Hopefully it does the same with the quaker state synthetic I bought on sale that I'm using now without changing my fram ultra until next oil change. Instead of the around $60 for the long Amsoil oci, I'll do about 3 shorter oci of the 15-something dollar quaker state walmart rollback discount while using my filter twice. :mike

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

So this test is after 18 months of OCI and is AMSOIL topped off with Castrol Edge?
Mo is a bit high but that is probably form the additive used in one of your two oils.

Otherwise looks fine to me but TBN is not listed?
Is that an extra charge to get done?

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

The farthest right was the oil kept in the crankcase for like 18 months. The middle one was around 5000 oci and the far left results was the less than 4000 oci which I filled to the full line with the 5w30 Castrol Edge full synthetic extended 20,000 mile version since I only had 4.5 quarts of 5w30 Amsoil Signature Series left from my remaining stash. :woot:

Return to “Rogue Forum”