My 720

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
comrade_charlie
Car: 1985 720, 1987 300zx, 1985 300zx

So I finally got my 720 to my house. It is rougher than I thought, but I dont mind. the fender and all the front end stuff are in the cab and bed... my friend bought it for the engine, and the front end parts and his old stuff is thrown in there, that stuff was in a lowspeed wreck, they arnt that bad to where I wouldnt throw them back on till I can find good body parts.

Im picking up all the front passenger suspension tomorrow, this one has a broken lower ball joint and has been towed I dont know how many times like it is so im going to replace it all.

Once I get it clean ill start figuring out what it needs. I know I need to take the rear brakes apart, it wont even roll, had to slide it off of the roll back, it could be the transmission or the rear end keeping it from rolling but I think its the drum brakes from sitting for over a year in the woods.

It is what I wanted a longbed with ropeties and a sliding rear window. Did all 720s come with a sliding window, I know d21s dont.

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

dunno if all of them came with a sliding window... but i know mine has one too!

good luck on this man!

comrade_charlie

Got some stuff done on the truck today.

Replaced the lower passenger ball joint. So it sits on the ground now and is rollable once I take the rear drive brakes apart to see why it wont spin, then I can move it to my friends shop I just built to do more work on it.

some pictars of this pos

The fender is just sitting on it, and the grill is on the roof

The back window

The broke ball joint

I put the rear end on jackstands, the passenger tire spins and makes the DS spin too. The driver one is locked, we had to slide it off of the rollback, it did budge at all. It seems to have some type of air shocks, you can add air or let out air for the ride height, but im putting lowering blocks on it, probably 4 inch like my friends. I found some wheels I love on a chevy luv im probably going to pick up.

phlebmaster
Car: 1973 240z L26 4spd rip roar and ready to go!

Looks real good man! Keep us updated.

alientravler
Car: 1982 Datsun 720 4x4

Great looking project man!! Will make a nice street machine!! :o) J.T.

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

comrade_charlie wrote:some pictars of this pos
i wouldn't really say this is a pos man... mine was in almost as bad of condition when i got it... although all my wheels turned

comrade_charlie

The side of the bed is pretty rusty, but thats the only bad spot on the truck, it really is in ok shape except for the fenders, hood, front bumper, grill, valance, all good body parts off of this were put on my friends truck that gave me this truck. I dont mind, free is free. but everywhere else is strait, and its not to dirty under the hood. Once I get it rolling im going to tow it to my friends shop and rip out the engine and see how the l28 fits, I have a stripped turbo block with 2 motor mounts on it, going to see how it works in it, if it does. I also have a p90 head ill throw on it to see how tall it is going to be.

3 wheels roll now, and I might be getting some wheels off of a chevy luv I found at the Junkyard, they are steel but I like them.

comrade_charlie

Pulled off the back panel on the tailgate, that covers where the latch is and everything and the handle was broken, Im going to see if a handle from a d21 will work, if yall know if it will or not let me know if you dont mine. But the panels in the back are pretty rusty and beat up, I think im going to pull all of them and try to clean them up and paint them with something thick.

Got the back wheel unlocked too, I just pulled the drum off, and put it back on and it spins fine now. not sure if the brakes work but I just want to make it towable/rollable

also picked up some rims from a chevy luv, not wide at all and 14inch but I think they might look good, I spent 30 bucks on them with shot tires, im on the lookout for 14inch tires now.

these are them I think

Return to “Datsun 720”