My 32 just got smashed!!!

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
jdms13rhd
Car: Silvia Convertible, RB30 Ceffy

I got home one day after work and seen that my Skyline was smashed. Turns out a construction company droped a 2000lbs crane on top of it. I also had the car sold that weekend and now that deal is gone and I dont go to Japan till I get money back from insurance company. Anyway just venting.

thirty3

damn........that sucks

Silvia2b
Car: 95 240sx se / 07 G35s cpe / 2009 G37s sedan (rear-ended R.I.P.) / 19 Q50 rs400AWD

Really Really sad. Hope your insurance covers the full amount.

RBpoweredSileighty

crap man that blows

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

you mean the construction companies insurance right? That is a bunch of ****!

mugengsr
Car: SKYLINE GTS-T TYPE-M

ewwww : ( my gut sank when i say that ... are you buying back to part out ?? need some part for my skyline

dsc4130

did you atleast get to tear that guys balls off.

jdms13rhd

The construction company’s insurance is trying to screw me over. Saying since I never had a appraisal or some special insurance that they can fit it. So they are going to get a new window and other parts that were broken and fix it. But they can’t find a new roof so they say they can bang it out and fix it. I say bull ****! I want my money back and then I will keep the car for parts. That money was for me to go to Japan and to build up my Cefiro but now I am F%$&ed. If anyone knows anyone that I can talk to about this let me know. I have a meeting with Wawanesa "my insurance company" to see if they can help but I think they are not going to be that much of a helping hand. There insurance company sent out an appraisal guy and he didn’t even tell me how much the car was worth and they still don’t know how much the parts will cost for them to get. I know I can get them for nice and cheap but that’s my own deals so they are going through some company that deals with Nissan to get the parts and I have no idea what they will say. I better find out something this week and I will let you guys know. If this turns out gay in the next week I will be getting a lawyer!

In a perfect world I want to come out of this with a parts car and my cash. At least my 80 percent of what the car is worth which is at least $16,000. Since I threw in a RB26 and RB25 tranie and other goodies the car isn’t just a normal gts-t!

Like I should come out positively rather than negatively since this wasn’t my fault and they did drop a 3,000lbs crane on top of my car

Thanks for your support guys!

CybeRise
Car: S14 Silvia

Just call a lawyer

Flicktitty
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx 2JZ-GTE Swapped
1994 Toyota Supra
2019 Lexus GX460
1992 Lexus SC400

i smell a lawsuit coming say hello to your new R34 lol !!!

jdms13rhd

alreadt talked to a lawyer and everyone I talk to and everyone I know says I will loose bla bla bla list goes on and I can type here for another hour so pretty much its just going to get fixed. I phones Nissan Japan and got a parts list for everything from new roof to window and its going to be shiped to Nissan here.

The only problem is that even though the car looks the same and drives the same it doesnt mean its still worth the same. I got customers not wanting it nopw jsut cuz its been in a crash like this and I got to find a place that can type somthign up fopr me stating that the car isnt worth as much and so on but I should have everything figuredout within the next week and have parts on order. Till then I will just keep **** bageing this gay rental car for another couple months till the car is back on the road. Here are some better pictures of what hampned.

If anyone knows where I can get somthing in writing stating that the car isnt worth the same even though its fixed give me a holla and let me know who to get into contact with. Thanks a bunch guys!!!

JQO
Car: B14 & S13

dude..that is so messed up..

HashiriyaS14
Car: 95 S14, 08 CL9, 08 NPS50, 03 Ninja 250, '60 Super Cub

you've gotta be kidding, they aren't going to pay for that?!?

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Sounds like they are willing to pay for the repair of the original panels.

From what I read, they are going to replace the windsheild, hammer the roof back into shape and then repaint.

I don't know the laws in Canada... at what point does a car become salvage?

Sounds like the other insurance company does not believe it will reach that value.

I would challange their estimate for repair cost. Tell them that the integrity of the roof frame has been ruined. The car will be unsafe in a rollover with a bent roof (even if it's pounded flat).

OR

make them pay for the build and install of a roll cage!

Then you make out OK on the deal.

It's been a month since you've posted... what's the latest???

jdms13rhd

I found a new roof cut from Nissan Japan and got all the parts nessecary to fix it to the origonal form. I wanted to get paid out and buy the car back but since I never had an appriasal on it I was pretty much beat. Also since the car is worth 16 grand or so and the cost to fix everything is about 5 grand then they cant write it off. I think it needs to be 60% of the vehical cost to write it off here in Alberta. Anyway the shop thats going to fix it is very good at custom hot rods and I have known them before giving them rides in rb25 cefiros and Skylines so they know who I am and are really nice. The parts should be here early Febuary and once the car is repaired I will post pictures of the work done.

Pretty much lesson learned. I just had an appraiser come over and do most of my cars so somthing like this will not hampen again. If I did have it appraised I could have told them anythign I wanted and made them do it because it was a specific car. Bit since is wasnt they just think its some old car thats worth nothing. If the car is older than 2 years old they can pretty much do whatever they want and fix it any way they want unless there is an appraisal done to show that is hase a specific value. I guess its just a good thing I have a shop in Japan and have access to these parts!

Here below is a picture of the parts list. I added anythign that had some sort of movement just incase and I do have a feeling I will have to order some other random trim pieces that will be broken while painted! But I will be in Japan loading a container and building more cars at my yard so if the shop does need more parts it wont be of any problem for me to get off my as and ship them out. It only takes about 14 or so buisness days to ship so I think I will be okay!

JayDM05
Car: Nissan 240sx (S13)

Sweet, good luck man

zenkisx
Car: Zenki 1996 240sx

Looks like your going to get that taken care of but that is such bull that the construction company can do that to you. No respect

side waz
Car: 1990 R32 Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type M, RB20det. Previous car 1991 240sx SE fastback, KA-T.

Dude overall.....THAT SUCKS *** for what happened to your car. I'd still try to recoupe money from that construction company b/c they have insurance for issues like this and it's NOT your problem. True it may take a while but put what happened in your local news (paper/tv/radio) and totally bad mouth them. The company won't enjoy the bad publicity and will act quicker and pay you off to shut up. LOL

Anyway, I'm glad to see the car is'nt a complete right off and that you'll be able to fix her up.

Good luck with it.

evoh26
Car: 1997 Nissan 240sx-stock so far

court will happen!

sean8564
Car: 1993 GTR Vspec, 1991 300zx TT Black , 1993 Nissan Silvia, 1990 Nissan 240sx Coupe RB25DET

I will buy the car if you want to sell it http://www.takaramotors.com

Silvia2b
Car: 95 240sx se / 07 G35s cpe / 2009 G37s sedan (rear-ended R.I.P.) / 19 Q50 rs400AWD

Good move on having your vehicles appraised. This is important for any collectable vehicle, including japanese imports. I will be glad to hear when there is a happy ending to this story.

l31nismo
Car: 2002 Nismo Altima 3.5 SE 5 spd Manual/ 2005 Nissan Sentra SER Spec-V

I would sue the **** out of the construction company. It's their own careless *** fault, if they can't controll their own equipment.....Anyway brother I hope all goes well. My condolences and enjoy the R34 when you sue their candy asses.

nsrZ32
Car: 90 300ZX TT, 78 280Z, 71 521 Pickup, 98 Sentra 2.0 SE, 02 Altima 3.5 SE, 01 Focus s2

Damn dude, that really sucks. Good luck with everything.

jdms13rhd

Thanks guys!!!! The car should be done in the next week or so. I am in Japan right now building more cars and I just left the car with a very good hot rod shop in my area. Anyway I will be back in Canada in a week and I will have pictures of her all done up! I actually did get a new window and the roof cut did come in from Nissan Japan before I left. The only part that wasn’t available was the top cross bar but the shop said they would have no problems fabricating something for it to work properly. I even had a perfectly good skyline here in Japan for parts but the insurance company wouldn’t even let me sell the part to them. Its a big headache and I hope it will be over soon. The car will be for sale once again when its all finished up and sparkly clean. HAHA. Thanks guys for your concern and help. I will still be going to the insurance company for some recoup money for devaluing the vehicle. I hope to get at least a grand from that but it will just be subtracted from what I wanted for the car. All my cars at home now have appraisals and its prob one of the best investments I have made. I would have been pissed if a crane fell on my Silvia convertible since parts would have been impossible to get and no appraisal was done at the time. I would have shot someone! HAHA

jdms13rhd

sean8564, E-mail sent

jdms13rhd

okay I got the car back about a month ago..... ya it took about 6 months for the damn insurance company to figure out the parts. Anywho I got every part on that list and a few more. The body shop that did the work is the best in southern Alberta so they helped me out quite aa bit and I even sold them a JDM K-Ttuck aswell so it was a good buisness friendship aswell.

But now I got another problem. After I got the car back the oil drive spun the pump s its rebuild time. I am doing 2 RB26's at the moment anyway so another isnt all that bad so depending on different things I might just slap one of my RB30 block under this RB26 cyl head. Anywho I just wanted to let you know the car isnt dead still and that it atleast looks amazing. I got a whole new paint job done so thats the good part. Anywho ENJOY:

RBpoweredSileighty

congrats on gettin it fixed bro! looks alot better now.

sean8564
Car: 1993 GTR Vspec, 1991 300zx TT Black , 1993 Nissan Silvia, 1990 Nissan 240sx Coupe RB25DET

looking good

Mez_DK

my boy bought a 93 camaro for dirt cheap and fixed up, in the end a 2,500 dollar investment turned to a 6000 dollar car. not bad right?

well, only if you are parked, at the far end of a wal mart parking lot.

i dont know about anyone elses wal mart supercenters but in missouri, semis like to hang out around the parking lots, taking breaks in between towns.

my homie, was parked alone, not around anyone else in the parking lot. he sees this semi turning to go out the parking lot, the semi is going to attempt to go around him, no big deal, he turns his head to continue on his text message.

all of a sudden he looks up to see semi tires rolling across his hood.

when i got there, the car had tread marks all down the side, the frame was bent to all hell, only the internals were untouched.

my friend did not get a rental car, he constantly had to badger the insurance company to get responses.

the insurance company tried to settle for 2,100 bucks for the z28.

he said **** you and went to court...he ended up having to "total" his dreamcar and only got 3,500 out of the deal.

i thought id share that.

it sucks to know that you got ****ed in the *** with no lube, and theres nothing to do but take it.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”