My 300zxtt sounds like a truck???

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
Shons300zxtt
Car: 1990 300zx twin turbo

Hello sorry if this has been asked I’ve done a search on it and found a few things but still need some answers. So the other day I took the 300 out and it was fine, came back home no problem. A couple hours later I took it out again and that’s when it sounded completely different it literally sounded like a truck. Did some research and found out majority of the time it’s the fan clutch. I could tell it was worn out on the blades the had stress cracks. So I ordered a new fan clutch and blade from Z1. It arrived put it on and still sounds like a truck??? Could it be a bad fan clutch from Z1? anything will help. Thanks

Mods: E85 with flex fuel sensor border rails, SS fuel lines and 850cc injectors.
Hks exhaust
Stillen intercoolers
Z1 pipping
5spd manual transmission.
Two-step
SRT big brake kit
Nrg quick release steering wheel
Greedy boost controller
Authentic Jdm sport coilovers
New jdm tail lights and third brake
New adhon wheels and tires front 18x9.5 rear 18x10.5

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

Who did all the previous work on it, I'd call them first. Also "sounds like a truck" could mean a lot of things, what is the sound you are talking about, have you tried to trace where it is coming from?

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”