My 222

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
bajasdogs
Car: 1960 PLG 222 Pickup #46

I posted a few pictures of my truck in the introductions area. But here's a refresher

Here's a picture of the drivers side, now rust free! Pardon the paint job! LMAO!!!

I'm doing some brake work and could use some cylinders and adjusters if anyone has some. ;)

Anyway, it's comming along and these prake parts may work but I'd like to replace some of this stuff that's not quite up to par. I could use some shoes too, but will get these re lined if I have to.

Jf928601
Car: Datsun Pickup 1960

Hi
I own a Datsun 1960 pickup (222), I would like to get in contact with you
Do you happen to find brake parts? Where
Thanks

bajasdogs

The shoes on mine were took down to get relined. Wheel cylinders and master cylinder honed and new rubbers put in. On the back wheel cylinders I could not get all the pits out so I ground an 1/8 inch off the outside of the cups to get the rubbers out of the pits. Master cylinder still needs to be topped off every few thousand miles as I could not stop all the leaks completely. You did find out that the wheels have right thread lug nuts on one side and left hand threads on the other?

bajasdogs

If you need parts for the truck they are not available. I did king pins on mine and fixed the steering box and put shocks on it. I believe I used the rear shocks that are for a 1967 mustang. They fit both front and rear on your truck. Coil overs in the back fit but there's not much room for them. I put good gas shocks on the front. I've been through mine quite extensivly and have put over 14,000 miles on it so if you need help just ask. I'm at [email protected]

Return to “Datsun Chat”