My .22 rifle

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
EvillE423

I was only 12 or 13 when my grandpa passed and before he got sick (cancer) he told me that when he died I could have his guns. He had a .22 (not sure of brand), a Chinese SKS (again, not sure of brand). My grandma is scared to death of guns and says that I'm not old enough to have the SKS yet even after explaining to her that I can legally go buy a rifle at 18. Just thought I'd share some pics of it. It's got a few what looks to be paint scuffs on it, anyone know what will bring it off without damaging the finish? On to the pics...sorry for the quality, taken with a cell phone.

Engravings:

Again:

Pic of paint scuff:

Again:

I wouldn't take anything in the world for this gun and would like to keep it top notch. If anyone has any clue what will bring those marks off I would appreciate it. Will try to snap some pics of the SKS next time I'm at my grandmas.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

get some high quality pics of the markings on the reciever and barrel.

as for the SKS, most of the Chinese guns were made by Norinco with a few from Polytech I think.

I'd wager it's probably a Norinco.

<----owns a Russian SKS, they're fun guns.

EvillE423

Mr1der wrote:get some high quality pics of the markings on the reciever and barrel.

as for the SKS, most of the Chinese guns were made by Norinco with a few from Polytech I think.

I'd wager it's probably a Norinco.

<----owns a Russian SKS, they're fun guns.
I'll get some pics up as soon as my sister gets home with her camera - she's a photography major. I'm going to sit down and have a serious talk with my grandma, I've got a gun rack and am going to purchase trigger locks for it and the .22. I have a small cousin that visits often and that is the main reason she doesn't want it in the house. But I want it to remember him by. On the other hand, It's (SKS) been taken very well care of, still has the bayonet on it. I've seen him fire it twice and was amazed by it. Keep in mind though, I was like 10 the last time I seen it fired. Probably wouldn't fire now.

bobotech

Nice little gun.

Its a Marlin model 60. Very common gun for a good reason, they are good guns!!

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

that's what I figured too but I've seen a few guns that really look like a 60...that a Marlin stock?

bobotech

Yes.

I have the same stock. That is why I recongized it.

It probably says Glenfield on it.

That is a squirrel by the grip.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”