My 2015 Rogue is possessed

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
coffenut
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue

I have an odd issue that the dealership has not been able to fix.

When I turn left, all my interior lights turn on, all my doors lock and unlock, and my drivers door warning signal comes on.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Last edited by Rogue One on Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix Link(s)

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Something is obviously happening when the car body flexes in a turn. First, check the door switch. If it's worn out and sending false signals to the BCM, that will affect both the dome lights and the door warning. If the switch is good, peel back the rubber boot that connects the door to the car body and inspect the wires. Gen2 Rogues are notorious for the door harness wires fatiguing and shorting, causing all sorts of mystery problems with the windows and locks.
Last edited by VStar650CL on Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

PS - If the harness is the problem, I don't recommend trying to repair it except temporarily. The problem seems to originate because all door harnesses have to coil and uncoil in a spiral motion when the door opens and closes, but some of the Rogue harnesses seem to be half-twisted in the wrong direction when they're installed. This twist "against the grain" compromises both the insulation and conductors in the whole bundle. Repairing it will just result in other adjacent wires breaking in the future. So bite the bullet and replace the harness. You can get one out of a JY if you're on a budget, but be careful of two things: First, make sure the number on the harness parts tag is an exact match. Secondly make sure it has unbroken insulation on all the wires in the bundle, since the problem will always start with tiny cracks in the insulation long before anything shorts out. This is the sort of issue that if it hasn't shown up in the first 20~30K miles then it will probably never show up at all, so a JY harness with zero cracks in the insulation should serve you for life.

jethbon
Car: 2014 Nissan Pathfinder

If the switches are fine, check the wiring.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

jethbon wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:27 pm
If the switches are fine, check the wiring.
Hmm, I think I just said that... :poke:

Return to “Rogue Forum”