My 2015 Leaf will not turn off. In Park, brake set, no shut down. I get a 'key' error. Help.

The web's first forum dedicated to Nissan's groundbreaking electric car, the Nissan Leaf.
bobtail
Car: Nissan Leaf

Any chance for help? Just bought the car, functioned fine until I got on the ferry to come home. I was doing everything by the book. It had turned off just before boarding the ferry with no problem. Tried hitting the off switch 3 times, etc. no luck. Ideas? I can't access help from dealer until Monday, Saturday now. Also have to return via ferry to Vancouver, no dealership here.

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

From somewhere else,
"I understand the "dead key battery" procedure is as follow.
1. Push the P (Park) position switch on the selector lever.
2. Firmly apply the foot brake.
3. Touch the power switch with the Intelligent Key as illustrated. (A chime will sound.)
4. Push the power switch while depressing the brake pedal within 10 seconds after the chime sounds. The power switch position changes to READY to drive mode."

Maybe this works when it doesn't turn off as well.

Maybe unhook the negative termainal on the battery and hook back up. I don't know about electric cars though.

Also may want to post in the Leaf forum

EdBwoy

Welcome to NICOclub, and sorry about the misfortune. I don't know much about Leaves (Leafs??), but as Daryl suggested, I've moved your topic where hopefully we'll get input from other owners and more experienced members.

Thanks.

stevegon
Car: Nissan Leaf 2015 (USA)

darylzero, I tried what you said and it does not work. This is the 3rd day in a row where this has happened and it is preventing the car from charging. I call Nissan customer service and they couldn't help. They told me to take it to the dealer. The car has been into the dealer about 10 times over the 3 years we have owned the car. Nothing but problems. Will never buy another Nissan product.

Return to “Leaf Forum”